In the last few weeks, we have been exploring how you can revamp and restyle your garden or outdoor space so that you make the most of this balmy hot weather! One of our favourite interior designers, stylists and instagrammers, Dee Campling (@deecampling) is always sharing images of her amazing outdoor "shed" (the most glamorous shed we've ever seen) and we have been lusting after it for forever! Dee has created a beautiful and blissful outdoor space with plenty of boho accessories and rustic charm and this got us thinking ... what other looks could Dee create in her outdoor room? So we reached out to the fabulous Dee who agreed to create a number of looks using a selection of Rockett St George products! The idea behind the project is to show you how easy it is to create a variety of looks using similar products and to encourage you to bring the indoors outside ... after all, you can always bring the pieces inside during the colder and wetter months! By bringing the indoors outside you will create unity and flow in the design which will help create a relaxing and inviting space for you and the family to enjoy.
Follow our Instagram (@rockettstgeorge.co.uk) to watch our stories about the process, check out our blog #RSGCREATIVE: HOW TO REVAMP YOUR GARDEN for our top tips and carry on reading to see what creative magic, Dee has styled in her outdoor space...
BEFORE THE RSG TAKEOVER
Dee renovated her garden space just over a year ago (check out her blog here) with the intention of creating a relaxed outdoor space where her family could eat alfresco and hang out. The space is downright eclectic gorgeousness! Featuring an old brown leather chesterfield sofa that Dee spraypainted Silver, lots of soft textures and rugs, vintage wooden doors, bold artwork, overhead lighting, a wooden crate and hanging plants, Dee has brought the indoors outside ... effortlessly!
Here are some images of the space before we took over the space... RSG Style!
THE RSG GARDEN TAKEOVER
We love the boho chic, laid-back and ethereal vibes that Dee has created and so we wanted to send her pieces that we knew would blend well with her space and that she would love and could re-purpose to suit her mood and style.
A mix of natural textures, such as our rattan chairs, rugs, Moroccan ceramics, pom pom blankets and lots of colourful accessories and artwork were all sent to Dee for the garden takeover shoot, click below to shop the products...
THE GARDEN TAKEOVER
With the items that we sent to the shoot, Dee moved around and re-purposed the pieces to create three distinct looks and styles. Not only is this a testament to Dee's creative and styling magic, but it also highlights how easy it is to upgrade your home or outdoor space effortlessly and without breaking the bank! By moving things around in the home or outdoor space you add value to your home accessories, furniture, lighting and more
Here are the three looks that Dee created ...
LOOK #1 - MONOCHROME CHIC
Clean lines, simple and striking - we love the monochrome look. A particularly effective style for outdoor spaces, chic black and white accessories are the ideal backdrop if you want to go wild with lots of greenery, hanging plants and flowers.
LOOK 2 - WHITE ISLE VIBES
Taking inspiration from the White Isle and reminiscent of relaxed balmy summer days and party glamour by night, the next style challenge was to create an Ibizian oasis using natural rattan pieces, quirky lighting, disco balls and a stencil Mandala 'rug' that only took about 15 minutes to paint with an oh so spectacular result!
LOOK 3 - ETHEREAL LUXE
A relaxed laid-back ethereal and boho vibe with a little golden luxe mixed in, this look is the perfect juxtaposition between laid-back living and modern global glamour. Dee styled our beautiful Japenese Lantern with artwork, boho placemats and then finished the look off with golden accessories including our Om Mudra Hand Chair and the Golden Eye Convex Mirror which was styled leaning up against her silver chesterfield sofa ... an unexpected twist on an everyday object.
DEE'S ADVICE ...
- Dee advises that you treat your outdoor room or space like every other room in the home.
- For your outdoor space style furniture such as sofas, armchairs and tables with table lamps, ceiling lights, lanterns and candles ("the universal foundation"). Then add textures such as rugs, sheepskins, blankets and cushions to create a more luxurious feel.
- Firepits or outdoor ovens will add a hygge vibe to the space and will keep everything in one place so that you don't have to spend your evenings running to and from the house.
- Dee really encourages you to look around your own home and select those 'hero', multipurpose pieces that you can use in your outdoor space. There is no need to rush straight to the shops, instead look around your home and repurpose these pieces in a different space. Once you have these pieces you'll have a clearer idea as to what pieces you may need to purchase or source from elsewhere to complete the look.
- Dee suggested bringing nature into the home to create a flow between your indoor and outdoor spaces. This goes beyond just using houseplants and flowers in the home, but it's also about adding natural elements and touches to the home such as logs and branches (all free!), trees, natural rattan materials and wooden pallets to accessorise and add a relaxed, natural feel into the home.
SEE MORE ON PINTEREST...
FOR OUR TIPS ON HOW TO REVAMP YOUR OUTDOOR SPACE, CHECK OUT OUR BLOG...