The May Hot List
There is so much to look forward to and so many things to do this May 2021.
With summer well and truly on the way, this May is looking like a marvellous one. So, this month, we are talking all things stylish staycations, Mediterranean garden design and restaurant favourites. Whatsmore, we have teamed up with Craig & Rose to offer a totally fabulous competition prize that every interior lover will be thrilled to win. You can discover all of these wonderful things to do this May 2021 below. Finally, we hope you have a positively glorious month, however you choose to spend it!
Team RSG x
Win: A £250 E-Voucher To Spend With Craig & Rose Paints
This May, we've partnered up with Craig & Rose to offer a brilliant prize that any interior lover will adore. Manufacturing paint in the UK since 1829, Craig & Rose are renowned for their incredible quality, extensive palette of colours and Artisan special effect range. In fact, we've had the pleasure of curating an exclusive paint collection with Craig & Rose which features some of our all-time favourite wall colours for every scheme! Perfect for creative and stylish home DIY projects, we have some exciting new Craig & Rose Paints to share with you along with a fabulous prize for one lucky winner...
Craig & Rose Chalk Wash Paint
New to Rockett St George, Craig & Rose's Chalk Wash Range is a gorgeous artisan collection of textural effect paint. Featuring four eye-catching colours, this chalk wash paint can be used to create a marvellous marble effect, adding a dazzling depth to any wall. Additionally, these distinctive finishes can be layered for a bold finish or subtly applied with a sponge, rag or brush for a subtle washed effect. Bringing timeless elegance and the feeling of a Mediterranean rooftop to any corner of your home, we simply love these quirky effect paints! The irresistible colour choices include Blue Ochre, Terre Vert, Pink Clay and Flax Yellow.
On top of this, we are thrilled to introduce the new artisan decorative effect paints by Craig & Rose. This fabulous range of gold effect paints are perfect for creating a luxuriously unique interior. The colours include Rose Gold, Bronze Gold and Antique Gold.
If you are as in love with their new Chalk-Wash Paint and glorious golds as we are, you will want to enter this fabulous competition! One lucky entrant will win a £250 e-voucher to spend with Craig & Rose Paints. I mean...this is the interior decorating dream! Whatsmore, we are throwing in a free virtual colour consultancy with Craig & Rose into the prize.
Click Or Tap Below For Your Chance To Win A £250 E-Voucher To Spend At Craig & Rose Paints!
Terms & Conditions Apply, Read Them Here.
Go: Stylish UK Staycations
A staycation is a great option for this year's summer getaway. So, we say, why not treat yourself, family and friends, to something fabulous this May?! Even better, we have chosen the most stylish UK stays for all so that you don't have to. Read below to discover some totally amazing self-catering stays for a magnificent may getaway...
For Bohemian London Living
Full of colour and eclectic charm, this 2 Bedroom Flat in Chiswick is the perfect hideaway after a day of shopping in London with friends. Featuring a beautiful social space in the kitchen and open plan living area, this boldly beautiful home just outside of central London is a quirky getaway for any group or family to enjoy. Whatsmore, there are bi-fold doors from the kitchen space to the garden to enjoy a drink of choice in the summer sunshine. Finally, click here to book the boho London escape.
For A Luxury Group Get-Together
Part of Airbnb's Luxe listings, Temple Guiting Manor in the Cotswolds is a magnificent estate with 15 bedrooms and can host up to 36 guests. Featuring traditionally luxurious interiors and amazing artwork, this is a truly lavish getaway for a large group. On top of this, there is plenty to enjoy from the cinema room, pool and hot tub to the barbecue, tennis court and neighbouring farm. Finally, click here to book this truly unique staycation.
For A Chic Couples Getaway
With style at the forefront of this beautiful Cotswolds Cabin, this is the perfect couples retreat! Additionally, for those who love daring and dark interiors, the chic scheme of this cabin is carefully curated and quirky. Nestled in the heart of the Cotswolds, this eclectic space is open plan and cosy, ideal for a countryside getaway and exploring the local area. Finally, click here to book your fabulous cabin stay.
For Characterful Townhouse Charm
Providing Georgian character, high ceilings and spacious rooms, the Regency Apartment in the heart of Bath is a truly unique getaway for eight guests. Whatsmore, this glorious townhouse apartment is a great base for exploring the city or relaxing with friends or family. The rich, textural and classic charm of the interior makes for such lovely surroundings for you and your loved ones. Finally, click here to book a tranquil stay in Bath.
For A Weekend With Friends
This wonderfully designed home with five bedrooms is perfect for a friends reunion or family social. This Period Townhouse in Kent features a playful scheme, oh-so dazzling interior and plenty of patterns. Whatsmore, with lots of areas to gather together including the kitchen, garden and dining space, this is the ultimate summer getaway right next to margate beach! Finally, click to book this seaside home in Margate.
Additional stylish hideaways include:
- The St John Barn Conversion - Rye, East Sussex
- Igigi Seaside Apartment - Brighton
- The Family Friendly Riding House - Dorset
- The Classical Apartment - Edinburgh
Escape: Holiday-ing In Your Garden
As summer is just around the corner, why not transform your garden and create a space you will enjoy spending time in?! This year, we are loving tropical interiors and anything that creates a sense of escapism. Even better, we have put together an edit of our favourite outdoor schemes for a getaway in your garden and glorious gatherings with friends. See below to get the look!
Featuring warm colours, statement patterns and plush greenery, Mediterranean decor is all about the richness of natural materials. Using ceramics, wood and linens to add texture, a scheme influenced by Morrocan design is so dreamy for the warmer months. Whatsmore, you can achieve this look by layering natural tones with warm hues and bold accents with serene accessories. Additionally, the beautiful balance between happy colours and tranquil furnishings will add a gloriously playful look to your garden. See below to find out how you can achieve this look in your outdoor space.
Get The Look
- Rockett St George Chalky Emulsion Paint - Emanuella
- Rockett St George Chalky Emulsion Paint - French Ochre
- Beige Stripe Linen Cushion
- Mustard Stripe Linen Cushion
- Boho Beaded Cotton Umbrella
- Round Aztec Design Reversible Outdoor Garden Rug
- Faux Olive Tree In Ceramic Flower Pot
Cocktails & Tapas
Firstly, to curate the perfect area for cocktails and tapas, you must inject a bit of romance into your garden scheme! Next, for a dreamy setting for your tapas evening, mix dark colours with eclectic pieces and plenty of patterns. On top of this, wonderful wooden textures, marvellous mood lighting and whispy pampas will make a harmonious pairing for any table setting! See below to curate an outdoor dining area that is oozing with character and Mediterranean charm.
Get The Look
- Dark Grey Inka Linen Cushion
- Roda Mustard Stoneware Small Side Plate
- Acacia Wood Tapas Board
- Five Piece Pampas Grass Stems - Natural
- Dark Mustard Cotton Throw With Tassels
- Glass & Brass Lantern
- Craig & Rose 1829 Chalky Emulsion Paint - Zeitgeist
- Vintage Champagne Glass With Gold Rim
Eat: Our Top Picks For Show-Stopping Street Food
There are so many innovative food brands all across the UK to discover. In fact, we love a street feast after a long walk or as a day out with family and friends. Moreover, with street eats becoming increasingly popular, we have listed our favourite food markets to visit this May. From creative to classic, it's always fun to try a new cuisine! So, see below to find out where you can discover some amazing food this month...
Featuring many delicious food options, Hawkers Market in Newcastle is a buzzing riverside spot underneath the iconic Tyne Bridge. Moreover, with Italian, Greek, Indian and many more cuisines on offer, this is the perfect place to meet with friends under the disco ball. For some delightful bites and divine cocktails, Hawkers Market is a must-visit. Open Friday - Sunday.
Big Feed Glasgow
Re-opening on the 22nd of May, Big Feed Glasgow is a super stylish and unique market offering a wonderful selection of amazing street food. Whatsmore, there is also live music, retro arcade games and a beer garden! This makes for a brilliant day out with family and the ultimate location for a street food social!
The Open Arms x Digbeth Dining Club Warrick Castle
Now at the Open Arms in Warwick Castle, the Digbeth Dining Club have brought an array of street food stands to this stunning space! Featuring a beautiful open-air beer garden, the dining club brings different street food vendors to the castle each week. This means that you can try something unique and delicious each time you visit. Whatsmore, the location feels like a mini food festival with colourful lights and plenty of good vibes! Tickets are on sale here, click to book your visit.
Borough Market Southwark
With plenty of fabulous food market stands and alfresco seating, Borough Market celebrates both unique and traditional street eats. From sandwiches and bagels to tapas, Mexican, charcuterie and cheese, there are so many delicious options at Borough Market. Even better, you can visit the market Monday to Saturday, 10 am to 5 pm. Alternatively, you can discover the surrounding outdoor restaurant eats in the evening. It will not disappoint!
Other Locations Include:
- Grub Food Fair, Manchester
- Street Food Club, Nottingham
- St Nicholas Market, Bristol
- Camden Food Market, North London
- Seven Dials Market, Covent Garden
- Spitalfields Market, Shoreditch
Edit: The Top Restaurant Interiors
You just can't beat a wonderful meal at a fabulous restaurant! Moreover, with indoor dining set to reconvene on May 17th, we simply cannot wait to visit some of our favourite spots. Whatsmore, with so many dazzling restaurants to choose from, we have listed some divine ones with show-stopping interiors. So, see below to lust-after these statement restaurant schemes...
Circolo Popolare London
Bringing you a taste of Sicily in both the food and fabulous interiors, Circolo Popolare has created a marvellously maximalist space that is truly homely and inviting. Moreover, as soon as you walk into this restaurant it feels buzzing, colourful and fun. Showcasing one of a kind charm, you really feel like you're escaping to Italy in this quirky space. Additionally, some of the divine details include traditional handpainted dinnerware, serene rattan seating, a ceiling of wisteria and glowing drinks wall! The styling of this restaurant is truly on point. Book your table at Circolo Popolare here.
The Berkley Knightsbridge
Traditional and luxurious with a quirky twist, the interior of the Berkley in Knightsbridge showcases plenty of sumptuous curves, pretty pink accents and marvellous marbles. Additionally, the Berkley Cocktail Bar and Restaurant mixes vintage glamour with modern details. The rooms are both spacious and cosy in equal measure. Naming their interior 'the new old fashioned' this ravishing restaurant has cleverly paired its carved plasterwork, coral tones and curvaceous furnishings to set a boldly beautiful scene that is totally timeless! Click here to book a special trip to the Berkley.
The Ivy Brighton
A feast for the eyes with plenty of colour, The Ivy in Brighton is a tropical oasis to adore. Showcasing stunning patterns, textures and quirky artwork, this restaurant is a marvellous modern meets traditional space with delicious food to match. Moreover, the grand dining room features high ceilings, eclectic corners and plush plants to create a wonderful jungle-inspired scheme that is glamorous and characterful. Click here to book your table at this glorious restaurant.
Nestled in the heart of Mayfair, Sketch is renowned for being the most show-stopping interior of them all! Each room with its own imaginative theme, the plush pink gallery restaurant is our absolute interior crush. Like no other brasserie, the vibrancy and sense of fun can be seen throughout from the elegant candy floss velvet chairs and amazing artwork to the egg-shaped toilet pods and the glorious garden-themed cocktail room. What's not to love?! Book an unforgettable trip to sketch here.
RSG Loves: Eco-Friendly Living
This month, we are celebrating all things sustainable! Now, more than ever, it is so important to shop with the planet in mind. So, we have listed our favourite eco-friendly things below which can make all the difference to the earth. See below to discover what you can do to contribute to a more sustainable way of living.
Buy beautiful and you won't need to buy again...
Eco-Friendly Products We Love
- Set Of 3 Rockett St George Beeswax Food Wraps - Reducing single-use plastic, these beeswax food wraps are perfect for keeping leftovers in the fridge or lunch on the go. In fact, they can be used as a lid for anything in your kitchen. Whatsmore, these stylish food wraps mix practical use with dazzling design for a reusable storage solution for everyday living!
- Gorgeous Mango Wood & Brass Metal Detail Sideboard Cabinet - Storing away household clutter whilst displaying your treasures, this stunning sideboard is ultra-practical and crafted from sustainable wood. Mango wood is used after the mango tree stops producing its fruit, making it a way to relieve deforestation. For this reason, our beautiful collection of repurposed mango wood products are fabulously unique and sustainable too.
- Smoked Glass Soap Dispenser - Small - Available in small, large and also an amber colourway, these glorious glass soap dispensers are ideal for taking to your local refill supermarket. Even better, you can fill these dispensers with eco-friendly soaps, shampoos or washing up liquids. On top of this, we also have the beautiful and useful Fine Mist Pray Bottles in Amber and Smoked Glass.
Sustainable Spirits We Love
- Nc'nean - Scotland's first 100% organic whisky distillery with only natural ingredients, Nc'nean uses renewable energy sources and leftover cow feed to make their innovative spirits. On top of this, the beautiful bottle is crafted from recycled glass with a natural cork stopper, a biodegradable tamper seal and recycled packaging is used. This, among so many other reasons, is why Nc'nean is so dedicated to sustainability.
- Everleaf Drinks - For the non-drinkers or those who want a break from the booze, Everleaf is a wonderful alcohol-free spirit. Using all the flavours of nature, you can make some lovely mocktails with these non-alcoholic botanical spirits. Moreover, all of the ingredients that go into these lovely creations are ethically and sustainably sourced. On top of this, one ingredient comes from a project in Haiti that works to empower local women whilst contributing to reforestation and food security.
- Discarded Spirits - Rescuing food waste such as banana peel and coffee grounds, Discarded Spirits have found a clever way to create sustainable whisky and rum. By simply taking landfill produce and turning it into something delicious, this eco brand is totally creative and unique!
Plastic Free Toiletries We Love
- Lush Shampoo Bars - Invented back in 1988, Lush shampoo bars have been way ahead of their since their launch. No single-use plastics to see here! These small but mighty shampoo bars are simply amazing, they leave your hair super shiny. Whatsmore, they have a variety of natural scents for various hair concerns. The Lush Shampoo Bar only requires a few swipes on wet hair to create a rich foam. Moreover, these bars last up to one hundred washes, which is equivalent to three plastic bottles of shampoo! I mean...what's not to love about these?!
- Who Gives A Crap Toilet Roll Subscription - This clever subscription of double length toilet roll is made from bamboo, uses premium recycled paper packaging and helps reduce single-use plastics. Even better, Who Gives A Crap donates 50% of their profits to countries in need of better sanitation. Furthermore, this snazzy brand helps the planet in so many ways, it's this small switch that makes a huge difference!
- The Body Shop Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter - Showcasing innovative beauty, skincare and wash products, the Body Shop Cleansing Butter is an all-time favourite for many. Melting your makeup off in seconds, there is no need for makeup wipes when it comes to the chamomile cleanser. Additionally, this one reason alone is why this product is so important for the planet! On top of this, made from calming and natural ingredients, this cleanser is suited to all skin types.
Organic Shops We Love
Reducing single-use plastic where possible, Planet Organic and Whole Foods have refill stations, the perfect option for zero-waste living. On top of this, you can also shop both of these brands online. The Good Club is a clever plastic-free vegan online store where you can get zero waste pantry goods and eco-friendly cleaning products delivered to your door. Whatsmore, each of these supermarkets feature unique products and innovative brands for sustainable living. For this reason, a small switch to shopping organic and eco-friendly will make all the difference. Alternatively, you can look into local stores and find your nearest refill shop to start shopping plastic-free!
Sustainable Accounts We Love
- @byrotationofficial - A brand new way to wear new clothes and share yours, By Rotation is a clever app where you can rent and lend your wardrobe. Whatsmore, with the fast fashion industry being one of the most wasteful, By Rotation's idea of reusing and lending existing clothing is simply genius! So, check out their Instagram as an eco alternative to online clothes shopping!
- @contentbeauty - Showcasing many sustainable and natural brands, Content Beauty is perfect for getting your makeup and skincare fix whilst being more eco-conscious. On top of this, you can discover these lovely alternatives over on their Instagram. Unique to your regular makeup brands, content beauty works with people who have lovely eco stories behind their brands.
- @madelieneolivia - An advocate for simple, sustainable living, Madeleine Olivia is a great person to follow for everyday eco-tips. Moreover, her delicious vegan recipes will inspire you to cook using plant-based ingredients. She is creative and inspiring!
- @toogoodtogo.uk - Get involved with reducing food waste by downloading the Too Good To Go app, allowing you to rescue unsold food from shops and restaurants to save it from going to waste. Even better, their Instagram has plenty of useful tips on how to reduce waste and cook using leftovers.
We are so thrilled to announce that we have an amazing sustainable collection coming very soon. As a brand, we wanted to provide more eco-conscious products for our forward-thinking customers and this fabulous range does just that. Made from unused pallet wood and coffee grounds, our new repurposed furniture collection has been lovingly crafted with the planet in mind. Moreover, all materials are locally sourced, sustainable and recyclable. So, with our Eco-Collection ever-growing, we hope that we can inspire you to make those all-important changes in and around the home...
Enter: Facebook & Instagram Competiton
Want to win a £50 e-voucher to spend online at Rockett St George?! If so, all you need to do to enter the Instagram and Facebook competition is take a picture of your fabulous space using the hashtag #rockettstgeorge.
To enter the competition simply follow the steps below:
- Firstly, take a picture of any curated corner of your home that you'd like to share with us.
- Next, head over to Instagram or Facebook and post the picture to your feed. You'll need to tag us using our @rockettstgeorge.co.uk handle and hashtag #rockettstgeorge to make sure we get your entry.
- And, that's it! Don't forget, you have until midnight on Friday the 28th of May to enter. The winner will be announced on the June Hot List. Good Luck!
We are so pleased to announce that this month's winner of the Facebook & Instagram Competition is @bohomaximalist !
Beautifully boho with plenty of texture and delightfully dark decor, Rhed's home is totally dreamy and full of character. Featuring our Black and White Abstract Canvas Wall Hanging, every corner of this moody marvellous home is just picture perfect. We simply love the details of this quirky corner, it is serene, cosy and wonderfully styled!
Inspiration: Colours With Character
This month, we are lusting after colours with character! Some of our favourite inspiration from our lovely Co-Founder Jane Rockett's mood boards include pretty pinks, daring dark tones and glorious golds. Moreover, you really can't go wrong with these show-stopping colour schemes in your home, so why not dare to be different?! If you haven't already, go and check out @rockettstgeorge on Instagram for Jane's divine decor inspiration!
With two bank holidays in May, there's no doubt we will be spending some sunny afternoons in the garden and pouring some delicious drinks into the Cosmic Pineapple Cocktail Glass! Even better, to accompany a glorious gathering with your nearest and dearest, pop the Tropicana Playlist on for good vibes all round.
- Can't Do Without You - Caribou
- Lovely Day - Bill Withers
- I Know There's Gonna Be (Good Times) - Jamie xx
- Sunny - Boney M
- Jamming - Bob Marley
- Who Knows -Protoje
- What I Might Do - Ben Pearce
- Man Down - Rihanna
- Skankin' Sweet - Chronixx
- Rapture - Koffee
And more...with the Tropicana Playlist!