Arthur Slenk (1941) found two boxes of handwritten music sheets over twenty years ago - they had been used by an amateur orchestra between 1872 and 1941. The documents had not seen daylight for almost half a century. Carefully, he started examining page upon page, discovering the genesis, the varying pressure of pen upon paper, a corrected error, a tiny ink stain where the pen had stumbled over a fibre, fingerprints, signs of wear in the corner where the sheet was flipped over – all these traces, suddenly revealing the obscure members of this amateur orchestra. The sheet music was sorted by subject into seperate envelopes, by subject, then finally pasted.
Each design was subjected to a critical examination, often followed by corrections. The artist worked on it every day. After seven years and 144 designs he considered this gigantic collage completed.
The designs form an amazing new wallpaper collection. The result is simply incredible. New state of the art scan techniques have been developed to capture the depth of the paper clippings. The vintage
feel of the yellowed paper combined with the history behind the sheet music makes it look like a historical document on a wall.
- Roll dimensions 900 x 48,7 cm >4,4m2 / 354” x 19” >47 SQFT
- Weight per roll 950 gr. / 2.1 lb (incl. packaging)
- No repeat
- heavy duty wallpaper with paper top layer and non woven backing - colourfast and washable with a soft cloth
- no wallpapering table necessary, as it is the wall that is pasted
- Fire ratings: EU: B-s1, d0 USA: ASTM E 84-10 Class B (Class A on concrete, B on drywall)Lead time is 7-10 working days. If you require your paper sooner please contact us to discuss your requirements.Samples available for £1.00. Please select the £2.00 wallpaper sample delivery option at the checkout
For further information on our wallpapers plus handy tips about wallpaper paste, please click here for our wallpaper guide.