Covid-19 Updates & FAQ's
Covid-19 Updates & FAQ's
Rockett St George has taken all necessary precautions and risk assessments to keep our staff and customer safe.
Measures taken include:
- Social distancing for all Warehouse, Concession, Outlet and Office Staff.
- Increased hygiene and cleaning routines.
- Working bubbles have been implemented to control the risk of transmission.
- All staff, except those exempt, must wear a mask when outside of their working bubble in the Rockett St George Office and Warehouse.
- We have limited the number of staff working in our offices and continue to encourage those who can work from home to do so.
- Signage and hygiene points have been distributed throughout Rockett St George HQ to remind staff and visitors to adhere to social distancing rules and sanitise regularly.
- Our Covid-19 Policy and Risk Assessments are regularly reviewed by our HR Department and Company Directors.
Our usual working hours of 9:30am – 5:00pm remains in place should you need to get in touch.
T: 01444 253391 | E: [email protected]
COVID-19 - Courier Updates
DPD have implemented a number of measures in response to COVID-19, three of which are:
- Contact free delivery is now a standard process and customers will not be asked to sign handheld units. Customers will still get full track and trace functionality.
- Cleaning has been increased throughout the business as a preventative measure, particularly on lifts, door handles etc.
- Live bulletin and service updates available via their website.
- Some DPD international deliveries are being affected by countries no longer accepting deliveries. Please check all restricted postcodes before placing international orders.
- An increased cleaning regime both within our facilities and vehicles and additional hygiene & safety equipment provided to our crews – gloves, hand wipes etc.
- All delivery and collection services are operating on a contactless basis only. Contactless delivery handover crew will take photos of goods delivered. All deliveries / collections will be offered to / from an external location e.g. outbuilding / garage / shed / garden / porch / driveway. Our crews will take a sensible approach if requested to place items immediately inside customers’ front door / patio door.
- Our couriers are no longer assembling / unboxing / taking away packaging. Inspection of goods will take place after the delivery has been made.
- Collections of previously delivered items, including swap over items, can take place provided the customer has pre-wrapped the item in advance back into original packaging and has left the item in an external location for our crews to collect / swap over later.
- For extra-large items, such as sofas, which require 2 or more-man delivery - we are happy to hold such items without storage fees until normal service can be resumed.
- Customers are being asked screening questions to pre-advise of any self-isolation or contact with those in their household that may have been in contact with someone showing Covid-19 symptoms.
- Customers are being asked to keep a safe distance from our delivery crews when we enter their premises and our drivers will no longer be able to assemble any item. All handovers will be contactless – we are asking customers & crews to respect the 2m social distancing rules currently in place.
Please contact our customer service team for more information if you are unsure.
Are you still open and can I order?
Yes. We are still open and taking orders and delivering as normal. Our customer services are working from home but are contactable by telephone, email, live chat, social media and WhatsApp from Monday to Friday 9:30am until 5:00pm.
Please note that some products which are held externally with suppliers or are bespoke/made to order may be impacted due to closures of borders and ports. If you have any questions please contact the Customer Services team for an update.
Are your Customer Services still open?
Yes. Our office teams are working remotely from home but have access to the phonelines, email, and live chat, as well as social media and WhatsApp. You can get in touch between 9:30am and 5:00pm from Monday to Friday. T: 01444 253391 | E: [email protected]
How long will my delivery take?
Our UK delivery service is running as normal so you should expect delivery of items from our Sussex warehouse within 3 working days when selecting a UK Standard Service.
Products that are Bespoke, Made to Order or held externally, may take a little longer. This information can be found on the ‘Key Info’ tab on the product page. However, please contact our Customer Service team for an update if you are unsure.
How are deliveries being made?
Our couriers are now operating on a contactless basis and will not require a signature upon delivery. Please see our delivery info page for detailed courier information.
I am not based in the UK; can I still order?
While we are still able to take your order, some European and International DPD deliveries are affected due to restrictions some countries have put in place on accepting goods. Please check the latest information via the DPD bulletin for European and International deliveries.
Can I collect my order?
No. We have taken the decision to temporarily close our collection service and visits to our Sussex warehouse are not permitted by the public. This is to protect the health of our customers and staff. We look forward to resuming this popular service as soon as it is safe to do so. Please call our customer service team for further advice on 01444 253391.
I am self-isolating; can I still take delivery?
Yes. Our couriers are operating on a contactless service so will leave your delivery on your doorstep or in your requested ‘safe place’. If you would prefer to delay your delivery, we can of course store your order until a later date. Please contact the customer services team immediately after placing your order if you’d like us to store your order.
Can I change the day or address of my delivery?
In most cases, yes. Please get in touch with our customer services team as soon as possible to make changes to your order. Unfortunately, if you have already received your dispatch email notification, we are not always able to make changes at this stage.
I have ordered a large piece of furniture; can this still be delivered?
In most cases, yes. However, our Premium Specialist Courier Service for large and fragile item is now operating as a contactless service and delivery can only be made to the outside of your property. Due to social distancing rules, if your item requires delivery by more than 2 people, we will have to hold this in our warehouse until it is safe for more than one delivery driver to travel in a vehicle at one time. Assembly of flat pack furniture is sadly not available at this time. Our courier will be in touch with pre-screening questions relating to coronavirus symptoms and will reschedule the appointments if you or any household members are experiencing symptoms.
I am self-isolating; how can I make a return?
Yes. We offer a collection service which can simply be deducted from any refund that is due. Simply contact the customer services team within 14 working days of taking delivery and let them know that you wish to make a return but are self-isolating. There may be a short delay in collecting your parcel if the courier is required to wait until it is safe to collect from you. We will organise this for you using the soonest available collection slot with our courier. Please ensure all items are packaged safely using the original packaging. Couriers may refuse collection if items are not repackaged fully.
Has your returns process changed?
If you wish to make a return please call or email our customer services team within 14 working days of receiving your order. We have adapted our returns process to make it safer for you and for our couriers. At present we are able to offer a Collection service for returns, which we are happy to arrange for you. The collection is contactless and you will be required to leave your return on your porch or in a safe place for the courier to collect. If you live in an apartment or flat, or do not have a safe place to leave your return for the courier to collect; we can still organise a collection for you. In this instance you will receive an update (hour time frame of the courier arrival) and the courier will knock. The courier will take a 2m step back from the door for you to leave your return on the doorstep.
Our Returns Department are working hard to process returns back at our warehouse, and you will receive an email once this has been processed. Please bear with us if your refund is taking a little longer than usual to process. For any updates please contact the Customer Services team who can call the warehouse for an update.
Collections organised with DPD are charged at £5.95 (available Monday-Friday) which will be deducted from any refund due back to you or charged at the time of booking.
Products which have been delivered via our Specialist Couriers, (such as large furniture or fragile items) require collection with the same courier. This is charged at £35.00. Please note that this collection service will take a little longer to process (up to 14 working days to schedule and approximately 14 working days to be returned to our main warehouse, after which your refund will be processed). Rest assured that if you have notified us within the 14 working days of receiving your delivery you will still be entitled to your refund.
Please ensure all items are packaged sufficiently using the original packaging. Couriers may refuse collection if items are not repackaged fully and sealed.
If you want to make a return after 14 working days of taking delivery of your order, we are happy to offer you a credit note if your items are returned within 90 days of taking delivery. For more information please see our Returns Info page.