Careers at Rockett St George
Rockett St George is an online interior designer emporium which specialises in treasure hunting across the world in search of unique, glamorous, eclectic, witty and rock ‘n’ roll home accessories. Our ever changing range features furniture, lighting, kitchenware, art and gifts that aim to bring personality to your home. With a great family feel and a one team, one goal attitude we are always looking for people to join our busy, hardworking and thriving team.
We're always looking for friendly and enthusiastic people to join our team at Rockett St George. Below are our current opportunities but feel free to send your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com if you would like to work with us or if you have any questions before you apply.
Buyer & Product Developer
We are looking for an experienced Homeware Buyer and Product Developer with a passion for product, creative flair and strong commercial acumen to join our busy, hardworking and thriving team, Full Time Monday – Friday. We are looking for a confident communicator with excellent negotiation skills and a strong commercial awareness. A minimum of 2 years relevant experience is essential.
Click here for the Buyer & Product Developer job description
As Buyer and Product Developer you will be responsible for working alongside the company owners in implementing the buying strategy for own brand products and be expected to source and develop new & exciting ranges. You will build and develop relationships with our existing supply base whilst also creating your own. You would be expected to develop a wide variety of products with a strong focus on furniture and home accessories and manage various product development projects alongside one another. Within this, you will also negotiate to achieve the best costs and best quality product. Working closely with the Merchandiser, E-commerce and Marketing teams, to ensure that all product information is communicated. You will also share the management responsibilities of the Critical path administrator, ensuring her work load is met.
Duties & key skills required for the role:
- Passion for product and experience with developing homeware products, across all categories
- Commercially aware of the homeware market, online offering in particular. Competitor aware, noting of any gaps in the market and able to react accordingly
- Confidence dealing with suppliers and also working with the company owners, vocalising opinion on commercial direction
- Experience managing critical path and taking ownership of all own brand product development from start to finish
- It will be beneficial for the applicant to have relevant experience of working with freelance product designers
- Ability to make decisions on samples, QC issues, finished products etc.
- Ability to cope with pressure and turn around product development quickly where required.
- Ability to apply pressure with suppliers when required
- Pro-active, happy to source and develop new product with little direction
- Strong Interpersonal skills, particularly in negotiating
- Good teamworking skills
- Confident communicator
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
ApplyIf you would like to be considered for this role please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is 5th February 2021.