The October Hot List
This month, it's time to celebrate all there is to love about autumn!
From spooktacular activities to quirky cocktails and interior design, we have some amazing things to do this October. Whatsmore, this month we have teamed up with the wonderful Kate Watson-Smyth to offer you a brilliant competition prize, perfect for any interiors and home styling fanatic. Moreover, if you're ready for a season full of activities and festivities, then you will love our selection of seasonal delights to do this month! So, to discover all the joys that October has to offer, then get ready for our haunted Halloween hotlist full of fabulousness below...
Founder of Mad About The House the award-winning interiors website, Kate Watson-Smyth is an expert in all things design! From four amazing interiors books to co-hosting a podcast called The Great Indoors, and writing her brilliant blog bursting with amazing advice, Kate is an interiors wizard with a world of knowledge on everything we love. Whatsmore, we have always adored Kate's Instagram @mad_about_the_house which showcases her characterful home and endless interior inspiration. For this reason, we're so excited to delve into Kate's new project, her dazzling design course.
Sharing expert knowledge for all sizes of homes and projects, Kate's practical and creative course will guide you through how to tackle design and find your personal style. Moreover, you will be provided with over 25 video lessons, a series of downloadable workbooks containing Kate's top tips and you can learn at your own pace. Navigating you through wonderful ways to make the most out of your home, this course is a must for absolutely anyone who has an interest in interiors. On top of this, if you want to discover how to carry out a renovation project, refresh your interior scheme, or find your own style, then Kate will equip you with some brilliant skills to do so.
If you can't wait to get stuck into this clever and creative course, click here and use code RSG15 for 15% off & get started.
Finally, if you want to find out more about Kate's course, check out our IGTV Q&A with Kate Watson-Smyth & Rockett St George Co-Founder Jane Rockett.
What's included? One lucky person will win:
Click Or Tap Below For Your Chance To Win The Create Academy Course - How To Be Mad About Your House!
Terms & Conditions Apply, Read Them Here.
See: Must-Watches At London Film Festival
For all film fanatics, London Film Festival is back! Whatsmore, this fabulous festival featuring premiere screenings and masterclasses is running from the 6th to the 17th of October. So, you can enjoy a explore the creative and innovative world of film across many events UK wide. Even better, the London Film Festival now has virtual premieres and partnering events in Belfast, Bristol and London. Moreover, wherever you may be, there's a chance to catch some up-and-coming films plus Q&A's with directors and star-studded premieres too. So, see below to find out some of the must-watches at this years London Film Festival...
- The Harder They Fall - A modern western film premiere, this film is full of explosive scenes and gun shootouts. Starring Idris Elba, Zazie Beetz, Regina King, Delroy Lindo and LaKeith Stanfield, The Harder They Fall is inspired by the real-life stories of African-American cowboys. Whatsmore, critics say this is the perfect watch for both die-hard fans and newcomers to the genre.
- The French Dispatch - A must-watch premiere before it comes to cinemas later in the year, The French Dispatch is Wes Anderson's latest blockbuster. Returning with cast regulars and familiar stars too, this film follows a European newspaper in true Anderson iconic and wacky style. Even better, you can catch Anderson's latest weird and wonderful creation on the 11th of October with tickets still available at the Southbank Centre.
- The Lost Daughter - Based on Elena Ferrante's astonishingly frank Novel, The Lost Daughter follows Leda, holidaying alone in a remote Greek Town. Starring the brilliant Olivia Colman, this film takes many twists and turns as it does in the novel. On top of this, the sunny Ionian sea setting is the slice of escapism that we all need!
Other Must-See Screenings
- Flee - Told by Director Jonas and his school friend Amin, this interview-style film is a real-life story explored through vibrant animation. This compelling story contemplates the meaning of home, love, survival and resilience. Moreover, this meaningful watch has already won World Cinema Grand Jury Prize, it's a unique testament to friendship, family and acceptance that is poignant and intriguing.
- Spencer - A reimagination of Christmas in 1990 at Sandringham, Spencer follows the history of Princess Diana in the public eye. Another explorative screenplay that delves into young Diana's life under Royal protocol, this film is both heartbreaking and believable. Moreover, starring Kristen Stuart as Diana, this film is a must-see for lovers of the Netflix series The Crown.
- King Richard - Set in the Compton suburbs in the 90s, Will Smith plays a go-getting father of two daughters. With his heart set on his girls becoming professional tennis champions, this story represents the struggles of being black females in sport. Whatsmore, this story also highlights the triumphs of the amazing true events that it's based on. It's a truly moving watch!
Movie Night In Essentials
- Coral Sands & Yellow Paisley Quilt
- Drugs Traditional Glass Storage Jar With Lid
- Multifunction Solar Fairy Lights - 10m
Trends: Decorate Your Home In Spooky Style
If you have a shared love for daring and dark interiors, then you will thoroughly enjoy decorating your home in spooky style this October! Firstly, decorating your home for Halloween doesn't always have to mean buying disposable decorations. By combining some weird and wonderful pieces with a splash of darkness, you can transform your decor for the spooky season and beyond. Whether it be a dazzling dinner party, an autumnal uplift or a total room re-style, see below to discover how you can introduce Halloween into your home, Rockett St George style!
Creepily Quirky Accessories
These creepily quirky accessories will add character and charm to your interior. Although these accessories are perfect for the Halloween season, they can also be styled all year round as gloriously gothic delights. Simply pair these show-stopping pieces with some pretty pumpkins during Halloween to add that finishing touch to your daring decor.
Fearfully Fabulous Dinner Party Pieces
If you're planning a Halloween party of horrors, then you'll want some amazing accessories for this! Moreover, it's the small details that make for a dazzling dining table setting. For this reason, we love using divine, dark and rock'n'roll pieces for a quirky Halloween party scheme. The Rum Punch Cocktail Sharer is perfect for serving your drinks in and the Black Twisted Candles will bring that marvellous mood lighting to your space. Whatsmore, the Bird Feet Display Stand is ghoulish, glorious and ideal for showcasing your food or a spooky display. The styling opportunities are endless!
Boldly Beautiful Interior Makeover
If you want to transform your interior this October, why not go dark for Halloween vibes and stylish splendour?! A firm favourite at Rockett St George, our Zeitgeist Paint looks utterly gorgeous from kitchens to living rooms and bedrooms alike. Even better, Zeitgeist is the perfect base for your Halloween accessories and display, making anything you style with it stand out from the rest! So, get creative this month and go for something boldly beautiful in time for Halloween and beyond.
Edit: Pumpkin Season Favourites
As we head into Autumn, it's all about colder days, orange hues and comforting recipes. Whatsmore, October is prime pumpkin season. There is so much you can do with pumpkins that is creative for you and children of all ages too. So, read below to discover some fun ideas and activities to try with the whole family.
Nothing says Autumn quite like a pretty pumpkin patch. So, why not go pumpkin picking as a fun and unique activity to enjoy the spirit of the season?! Whatsmore, there are so many brilliant farms that you can visit for a feast for the eyes and choose your own pumpkins too. This is the perfect day out for the whole family in the lead up to Halloween. See below to find out where to visit this month. Even better, you can catch other fun family activities at these farms such as Halloween activities and meeting the animals!
- Pumpkin Festival - Crockford Bridge Farm, Surrey
- Piglets Adventure Farm, Kent
- Undley Farm, Suffolk
- National Forest Adventure Farm, Staffordshire
- Avon Valley Adventure Park, Bristol
- Farmer Copley's Pumpkin Festival, Yorkshire
There are so many amazing recipes out there with pumpkins as the star of the show! For this reason, using pumpkins to cook with at this time of year is a no brainer. From sweet to savoury, snacks to meals, take a look at some of our favourite recipes below.
- Cream Of Pumpkin Soup With Maple Pecans - Half Baked Harvest Recipe
- Roast Pumpkin Pasta - Moving Out & Eating In Recipe
- Grandma's Famous Pumpkin Pie - The Recipe Critic Recipe
- Pumpkin Donuts With Pumpkin Filling - Flouring Kitchen Recipe
Pumpkin Carving & Painting
There are so many amazing things that you can do with your pumpkins during the autumnal season. Whether it be traditional pumpkin carving or getting creative with a paintbrush, this is the perfect way to elevate your seasonal decor. Moreover, for something extraordinary, don't be afraid to get creative with your pumpkin design. We adore Sivan Ayla's abstract line art pumpkins and Kelly Hughes' animal print painting. Absolutely stunning!
Eat: Creepy Cakes Perfect For A Themed Party
Whether you are looking for inspiration for your home baking or you want a ready-made treat delivered to your door, we have some creepy cake ideas perfect for a themed party. From classical to quirky, everyone loves a Halloween treat. Even better, see below to discover some creepy and creative cakes to buy for your next themed gathering at home!
- Harry Potter Brownies, Borough Box
- Halloween Selection Box, Cutter & Squidge
- DIY Haunted House, Biscuiteers
- Saw Halloween Cake, Anges De Sucre
- Haunted House Biscuit Tin, Biscuiteers
Cake Plates For The Occasion
- Spode Creatures Of Curiosity Set Of 4 Floral & Leopard Tea Cake Plates
- Lazy Rabbit Cupcake Plate
- Mustard Yellow Sakura Cherry Blossom Dinner Plate
Drink: Autumnal Cocktails Of The Month
This October, we have some fabulous cocktails that you need to try for Halloween and the autumn season. Whatsmore, these delicious cocktails can be made as mocktails too, how ever you prefer your drink to be! So, to see what creative cocktails we are loving this month, read below and recreate these amazing drinks...
Pumpkin Spice Punch
A wonderfully warm and flavoursome punch that can be served hot or cold, the Pumpkin Spiced Punch is the perfect autumnal drink. Moreover, when making your punch, you can get creative with which winter spices you prefer to use. So, if you are throwing a Halloween party, this pumpkin punch might be the one for you. We love using the Vintage Cut Glass Tumbler With Gold Rim to serve this dazzling drink!
Start by pouring your vodka and brandy into your punch bowl
- Next, add your orange juice, apple juice and ginger beer for fizz
- Now, drizzle your pumpkin spice syrup
- Garnish with slices of apple, cinnamon sticks and any additional spices
- Leave your punch to infuse or heat for a mulled wine feel
- Finally, use cinnamon sugar to rim your glasses and serve cool or warm
Witches Brew Black Sangria
A Halloween twist on a classic summer drink, the Witches Brew Black Sangria is a divine dark and stormy drink. Whatsmore, this easy to make and impressive cocktail will work best made in a pitcher. So, if you're having a ravishing themed get-together, you'll love this sumptuous sangria.
- Slice your blood oranges and plumbs then pop them in your pitcher
- After that, pour in equal parts wine, cranberry juice, brandy and lemonade
- Mix together and pour in a splash more lemonade if needed
- Finally, you can get some amazing drinks glitter for added sparkle and black sugar to rim your glass too!
Apple Cider Margarita
The perfect drink to get you into the autumn feel, the Apple Cider Margarita is a zingy cocktail to adore. You can have this wonderful mixture simmering hot in a pot throughout the colder months or it can be served chilled for a quirky twist on a margarita. Whatsmore, using sumptuous winter spices, this drink can be sipped all the way through till Christmas! It's daring and delightful!
- For one serving, rim your glass with lime juice and dip it in cinnamon sugar. (Mix your cinnamon sugar with rock salt if desired)
- pour into your glass one shot of orange liqueur and two shots of tequila
- Next, squeeze your lime juice and fill it up to approximately halfway up the glass
- After that, fill the rest of the glass with apple cider
- Drizzle one tablespoon of maple syrup and garnish with sliced apple, a rosemary sprig and star anise
- If you want this cocktail warm, infuse your cocktail in a pan with all the garnishes to really make the flavours pop!
Go: Fun Events For Halloween Horrors
This year, there's so much to look forward to as the season of festivities approaches. So, if you've missed going out, getting dressed up and themed events, then you will love the Halloween happenings this October. Moreover, from bottomless brunches to spooky nights out, there's plenty of fun things you'll want to go to with friends, family and more. See below to discover some Halloween horrors to catch this month...
- The Prince Bottomless Brunch Of Horrors - Join the Prince London at their Bottomless Brunch Of Horrors on Saturday the 30th of October. Here, you can enjoy two hours of Bottomless Prosecco, Bloody Mary’s and Halloween Punch. Even better, in the evening, why not get tickets for the Haunted House Party themed performances, DJ guest appearances and Halloween costumes recommended!
- Day Of The Dead Bottomless Brunch, Bar Elba - This October, Bar Elba are transforming their space into a dazzling day of the dead rooftop rendevous. With a drool-worthy brunch menu and two hours of bottomless cauldron cocktails, expect to see an explosion of floral colours, lanterns and fancy dress. On top of this, alongside the rooftop resident DJ, you will also see some zombie flashmobs at this Day of The Dead Brunch!
- Flight Club Spooky Brunch Social - Featuring darts bars all over the UK, Flight Club is hosting some brilliant brunch socials over Halloween weekend. Whatsmore, tickets to this brunch include a devilish cocktail on arrival, a bottle of Prosecco per guest and bottomless pizza! You can add one hour of darts to your booking and you can also dress up for this themed event.
Quirky Spooky Nights Out
- Tulleys Farm Shocktober Fest - One of the UK's most scary fright nights, Tulley's Farm Shocktober Fest is full of immersive scenery and one of a kind spooky experiences. Featuring plenty of haunts and attractions across the farm, you can guarantee that your night will be full of screams. From the haunted hayride and creepy cottage to the live theatre and the imprisoned cellar, there are so many ghostly adventures to be had!
- Burlesque Spooktacular, The Courtesan - For burlesque lovers, this spooktacular event is something a little different to try on Halloween. Exploring the darker side of burlesque, this dazzling event features special guests, delicious drinks and food and magnificent performances.
- El Dia Of The Dead, London Cabaret Club - Inspired by their James Bond cabaret production, this El Dia Of The Dead show at Bloomsbury Ballroom is a spine-chilling and vibrant fiesta! Whatsmore, with guests encouraged to dress up for the occasion at an amazing art deco location, you will be in for an exciting and atmospheric night at the Cabaret Club.
Join: The Rockett St George Interior Advice Forum
Are you looking for design advice for a personal home project? Then you will love the Rockett St George Interior Advice Forum! Our group is dedicated to helping you with your decorating dilemmas. Whatsmore, you can ask us any interior design question and we, along with other members of the group will comment with advice. Our aim is to create a community that will help each other create personal, imaginative and extraordinary homes, so do come and join us in the group. It's completely free!
Our Amazing Group Members & Their Projects
Please Note: You must answer all of the membership questions when signing up to be in the Facebook Forum. Happy home designing!
Enter: Facebook & Instagram Competition
Want to win a £50 e-voucher to spend online at Rockett St George?! If so, all you need to do to enter the Instagram and Facebook competition is take a picture of your fabulous space using the hashtag #rockettstgeorge.
To enter the competition, simply follow the steps below:
- Firstly, take a picture of any curated corner of your home that you'd like to share with us.
- Next, head over to Instagram or Facebook and post the picture to your feed. You'll need to tag us using our @rockettstgeorge.co.uk handle and hashtag #rockettstgeorge to make sure we get your entry.
- And, that's it! Don't forget, you have until Friday the 29th of October to enter. The winner will be announced on the November Hot List. Good Luck!
We are so pleased to announce that this month's winner of the Facebook & Instagram Competition is @mrsgregsie!
We are absolutely loving Becky's delightfully dark living room featuring our King Skull Ornament. This corner of quirky treasures is styled to perfection with divine wall art and statement ornaments to match. And of course, we love her charming bulldog to complete this cosy corner. Oh-so marvellous!
Inspiration: Wonderful Warm Tones
This month, we've been lusting over the wonderfully warm and autumnal tones of our Co-Founder, Jane Rockett's mood boards! For endless inspiration, gorgeous interiors and new product releases, head over to Jane's Instagram @rockettstgeorge for a fabulous flow of designs and dreamy vibes.
Playlist: Spooktacular Songs
To get you in the spooky spirit, our Spooktacular Songs Playlist is perfect for any themed get together. Whether you are spending this Halloween with family or friends, pop this fabulously frightening playlist on to really bring some spine chilling splendour to your party!
- Ghost Town - The Specials
- My Boy Builds Coffins - Florence + The Machine
- bury a friend - Billie Eilish
- Disturbia - Rhianna
- I Put a Spell On You - Screamin' Jay Hawkins
- Nocturnal - Disclosure
- Monster - Kanye West
- Maneater - Nelly Furtado
- Heads Will Roll - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Dracula - Gorillaz
And more...with the Spooktacular Songs Playlist!