The October Hot List 2020
Discover our favourite ways to keep you entertained at home and with your close friends and family this October.
As the glorious sunshine comes to an end, this month we can start to enjoy golden autumn hues and more time spent with family. For the month of October, Rockett St George is celebrating all things delightfully dark in colour. From at-home entertaining to getting out in nature, we have some lovely ideas to lift your spirits... ghouls, ghosts and all! On top of this, we have teamed up with a beautiful jewellery brand, Rachel Jackson London to offer an amazing competition. Keep reading to find out more.
So let's have fun with our nearest and dearest this month!
Lots of love,
Jane, Lucy and The Rockett St George Team x
Win: A £250 Voucher To Spend Online At Rachel Jackson London
This October, our competition is all about treating yourself! To celebrate the launch of their new collection of Zodiac Art Coins, London based jewellery brand Rachel Jackson London are offering you the chance to win a £250 voucher to spend on their website.
About The Zodiac Art Coins
Astrology is a symbolic language, a philosophy, a way to feel connected to oneself, loved ones and the universe around us. Additionally, it has long been used as a symbol of self-expression through not just jewellery, but body art as well. Rachel’s inspiration for this collection stems from the artistic intricacies of tattoo art, and the unique powers of the elements fire, earth, air and water.
Combining unique, statement designs with an infectious, feel-good attitude, Rachel Jackson London is one of the UK’s most exciting jewellery brands. From humble beginnings on a market stall in Spitalfields, London, the brand is now a well-known favourite with celebrities worldwide including Rita Ora, Katy Perry and Nicola Scherzinger.
Click or tap below for your chance to win a £250 to spend online at Rachel Jackson London.
Go: Pumpkin Picking Outside London
A great activity for all ages, The Pop Up Farm in Hertfordshire makes for a lovely day out of the home this October. Offering a variety of pumpkins to pick, visit this farm with the whole family to enjoy the fresh autumn air and spend time with the ones you love. On top of this, this pumpkin patch is a brilliant way to get little ones excited for Halloween. So, why not visit the Pop Up Farm this October, wheel your wheelbarrow around and pick out your favourite pumpkin for cooking or carving!
See: Halloween Movies At A Drive-In Cinema
Where? Surrey & North London
A great night out of the house, The Luna Drive-In Cinema is showing plenty of iconic Halloween movies to give you the spooks. The movies will be showing in two locations, Thorpe Park and Allianz Park. On top of this, contactless delivery is available to your car door with a great selection of food and drinks. So, you can enjoy the state of the art screen and sound system, all from the comfort and safety of your own car! It is the perfect way to get in the Halloween spirit this year!
Do: Halloween Home Baking
Impress your friends and family with some dark and delightful bakes that will stand out from the rest. From sophisticated in style to fabulously unique, we have picked out our top four favourite recipes that would make the perfect home baking project. Whatsmore, this is a glorious way to inject some much needed enchanting Halloween fun into your home. So, it's time to get creative with these stunning baked treats!
Our Favourite Bakes For The Season
1- A show stopper for this season, Lorraine Elliot's Black Velvet Cake encapsulates that spooky feel with a hint of fabulousness! Moreover, this is the ultimate cake to serve to guests at a divine dark-themed get together.
2- Easy to make and fun for all ages, these Dark Chocolate Halloween Chip Cookies from House Of Nash Eats are totally adorable. Creating a divine rainy day activity for the whole family, these ultra-cute cookies look frighteningly delicious!
3- A daring and delightful showpiece, the Halloween Haunted Pavlova by The Domestic Gothess will create the wow factor whilst bewitching your guests. Furthermore, this pavlova recipe is oh-so creative and dazzling in design. Ideal for all of your unique themed cake needs!
4- Leaving the trick behind in favour of the treat, Say Yes' Lava Cakes With Chocolate Ganache And Spun Sugar are to die for! A ghoulish gateau with a molten centre, these terrifying tarts are bound to finish off any Haloween evening in style.
Drink: Cocktail Of The Month
During a time where you can only gather in small groups, Halloween celebrations may look very different for most. With this said, alongside our Gothic Glamour Edit, we have come up with a wonderfully witchy cocktail for an evening at home with your household this October.
The Bewitched Blackberry Cocktail
A spooky sip for all to enjoy, the Bewitched Blackberry Cocktail is brilliant rich-tasting apéritif for the autumn months.
- 1/4 Blackberry syrup
- 1/4 Lime juice, fresh
- A handful of fresh blackberries
- 1/4 Sparkling water or ginger beer for a kick
- 1/4 Dark rum
- 1 Cherry, to garnish
- 1 Rosemary sprig, to garnish
- Serve with crushed ice or gently heat in your Halloween cauldron!
Celebrate: Decorate Your Home In Spooky Style
At Rockett St George, we are all about those dark and moody vibes. For this reason, Halloween is right up our street. Moreover, our boldly beautiful black-themed products are perfect for this time of year to keep you entertained at home with a stunning yet spooky allure. See below to view our Gothic Glamour Edit for a small themed get-together with your nearest and dearest.
The Gothic Glamour Edit
Products Listed Below:
Edit: RSG Loves
The Gold Peace Hand Ornament is currently out of stock. But don't worry, we've got more Gold Peace Hand Ornaments on the way! Expected back in stock by mid-late October, sign up to our stock notification email here to be the first to know when they're back.
Next up to keep you entertained at home this October, we are going to share what we are loving from tv shows and podcasts to Instagram profiles and products!
What We’re Watching
- The Duchess - Netflix - Fabulous, hilarious and honest, comedian Katherine Ryan plays a single mum who represents all things girl power and stand-out-style in her true to life comedy sitcom.
- Euphoria - Amazon Prime - This breathtakingly raw teen drama touches on many important social and personal topics such as identity, drugs, sex, friendship, love and trauma. Euphoria is a must-watch with its dazzling production, makeup and a show-stopping Halloween episode of course! Please note: This program contains graphic scenes intended for mature audiences only.
- Succession - Amazon Prime - Featuring our marvellous Midas Bar Stools in Season 3, Succession follows the opulent lifestyle of the Roy Family who are in control of a huge media conglomerate.
What We’re Listening To
- I Weigh - Jameela Jamil - Celebrating progress and not perfection, I Weigh breaks down the concept of worth through weight by discussing various important topics in an honest and empowering way.
- The Rabbit Hole - New York Times - Sending you down a rabbit hole about the internet and what it is doing to us, this podcast is an engrossing and investigative listen about the realities of the modern world we are living in.
- Goop - Gwyneth Paltrow - Starting new conversations with leading thinkers, culture changers and industry disruptors, Goop discusses all things wellness whilst questioning embedded schools of thought that populate our society.
- Hip Hop Saved My Life - Romesh Ranganathan - An entertaining chat with some great special guests in the industry, this comedy podcast with Romesh Ranganathan covers all topics, from music to real-life anecdotes and much more!
Who We’re Following
- @schemewearuk - Scheme is a striking new unisex streetwear brand which we are calling 'one to watch' this month. Perfect those who love statement clothing that allows you to express your personality, Scheme encapsulates a stand out style with their abstract designs and everyday pieces. They also offer a custom service (myscheme) where you can order any of their pieces in any print and/or material colour of your choice. We love the freedom that this brand gives their customers, it really allows you to curate your own style!
- @carlallanosillustrations - Illustrating all women from across the globe, Carla Llanos' beautiful designs are truly uplifting and full of character. So what's not to love?!
- @sknperfct - The lovely Evie is skincare obsessed, reviewing many popular brands and products in an ultra informative way. This account is perfect for anyone who needs skincare advice or simply loves discovering new beauty hacks.
What We’re Lusting After
- Sunburst Sustainable Wood Tv Stand - £595
- Set Of 3 Beeswax Food Wraps - £25
- Round Wooden Hairpin Leg Coffee Table - £120
- Sunburst Sustainable Wood Bedside Table - £195
Enter: Facebook & Instagram Competition
Want to win a £50 e-voucher to spend online at Rockett St George?! Of course, you do! So, for this month's Instagram & Facebook competition, our new theme is #SpookyStyleSpot.
To enter the competition simply follow the steps below:
- Take a picture of a Spooky Style Spot in your home, all ready for Halloween.
- Head over to Instagram or Facebook and post the picture to your feed. You'll need to use our handle @rockettstgeorge.co.uk and hashtags #rockettstgeorge and #SpookyStyleSpot to make sure we get your entry.
- And, that's it! Don't forget, you have until midnight on Wednesday the 28th October to enter. The winner will be announced on the November Hot List 2020. Good Luck!
For our September Hot List, our competition theme was #StylishShoeStorage where we invited you to share a quirky way that you like to display your shoes in your home. We love a stunning shoe display, so one entry really stood out to us!
We are so pleased to announce that this month's winner of the #StylishShoeStorage competition is @hildygrylls
Inspiration: Moodboards For Dark And Moody Vibes
We love dark and moody mood boards! This October, we are seriously swooning over Co-Founder Jane Rockett's inspiration boards. Her Instagram feed (@rockettstgeorge) has gone back to black, our favourite colour for all things interiors and more!
Listen: Halloween Horrors
To get you in the spooky spirit of the season, our Halloween Horrors Playlist is perfect for any themed get together. Whether you are spending this Halloween with family or your closest friends, pop this fabulously frightening playlist on to really elevate the spine chilling splendour of your party. It's guaranteed to keep you entertained at home this October.
- My Boy Builds Coffins - Florence + The Machine
- Bury A Friend - Billie Eilish
- Still Don't Know My Name - Labrinth
- Disturbia - Rihanna
- I Put A Spell On You - Screamin' Jay Hawkins
- Haunted - Beyoncé
- Monster - Kanye West
- Last Living Souls - Gorillaz
- Maneater - Nelly Furtado
- Take Me To Church - Hozier
- And more... on the Halloween Horrors Playlist!