The November Hot List 2020
The best things to do at home this November...
November is going to be different for us this year. So we wanted to bring you our top list of the best things to do at home this November that will boost your mood during these uncertain times. As such, we've created a rock'n'roll style Hot List of ideas including cocktail recipes, the best country walks and more. On top of this, we have teamed with the amazing Libertines' NEW Margate Hotel, The Albion Rooms to offer a fabulous competition prize for two.
So, whatever you decide to do at home this month, we hope that we can bring you some ravishing rock'n'roll vibes to your home interiors and more.
Stay safe and lots of love,
Jane, Lucy and The Rockett St George Team x
Win: A Stay At The Albion Rooms Hotel
After a three year transformation of a beautiful three-story Victorian building, The Libertines have opened the glorious Albion Rooms Hotel! This seven-room residence on Margate seafront in Kent encapsulates a great British feel with a quirky edge. Moreover, it is the ideal hideaway for creative souls, art lovers and Libertines fans alike. Pete Doherty's describes the hotel as 'the perfect place for prophets new inspired to recline, write, record, with rejoicing and knees up aplenty.
This amazing hotel features personal touches throughout. For example, you can find a Libertines special coffee blend in the Arcady Coffee House as well as the Libertines Gunga Gin and IPA in The Waste Land Bar. Offering everything you need from cocktails, delightfully designed rooms and even a state of the art recording studio, this makes for a totally fabulous getaway for all!
Interior designer Rhiannon Sussex, has worked with the Libertines, to create hotel rooms that are timeless, vibrant and wonderfully unique. Featuring boldly beautiful soft furnishings and rich colour palettes alike, the interiors showcase subtle nods to the band throughout. Rhiannon initially took inspiration for The Albion Rooms from The Libertines famous red, black and gold jackets, to influence her design choices in various areas of the hotel.
The Albion Rooms Residence balances an eclectic mix of vintage treasures and personal memories from the band into its decor so brilliantly. We simply adore how Rhiannon has subtly threaded the band's rock'n'roll aesthetic and one of a kind vibe throughout the building. So, you can expect to see plenty of black and gold in this hotel and even some Rockett St George pieces too! On your visit to the Albion Rooms, look out for our Gold Snake Bookends, Antiqued Split Deco Head Bookends, Ruched Velvet Cushions - Camel, & Leopard Love Lampshades.
We are delighted to be able to offer the chance to win a mid-week stay at the amazing Albion Rooms Hotel! One lucky winner will get a 1-night stay valid from Monday-Thursday, drinks for two on arrival and breakfast included. How wonderful is that?!
Click Or Tap Below For Your Chance To Win A 1-Night Stay At The Albion Rooms Hotel
Terms & Conditions Apply, Read Them Here.
Drink: An Iconic Cocktail From The Albion Hotel
In celebration of this month's rock'n'roll theme, we thought that we would talk all things cocktails! Alongside our fabulous competition, the Wasteland Bar in the Albion Hotel has provided a delicious and easy cocktail recipe for you to recreate at home. On top of this, we think no drinks night at home would be complete without a stylish cocktail corner. So see below to shop the look and curate the perfect spot to enjoy your G&T at home!
The Albion's G&T Recipe:
- A double serving of The Libertines Gunga Gin
- Elderflower Tonic
- A Slice Of Red Chilli & Ice (If preferred)
Cocktail O'Clock - Get The Look
Products For Cocktail O'Clock: Makrana Marble Drinks Trolley, Pikes At Rockett St George Champagne Cocktail Glass, Fern Leaf Palm Tree Style Ceiling Pendant Light.
Whatever the weather, there's always time for a mocktail or a cocktail at home. So why not create a sublime corner to enjoy your tipple of choice in with friends or family. Timeless and effortlessly glamorous, these bar accessories will be sure to get the party started on any occasion. Whatsmore, this is the perfect set up to enjoy the delicious Albion Hotel's G&T in the comfort of your own home. A match made in heaven if we must say so ourselves!
Do: Top 3 Autumnal Walks That We Love
Spend some time in nature this November. Indeed, there's nothing quite like a walk amongst nature blow the cobwebs away. So this November, we have listed our top three favourite walks so that you can enjoy the golden hues of autumn.
Nestled in the heart of North London, Hampstead Heath is the perfect open space in London for a wintery walk. Additionally, this walk displays such gorgeous colours at this time of year! Take a long or short around Hampstead Health and admire the woodland, views of the London skyline and traditional countryside vibes all from the city.
A divine walk in the hills with views as far as the eye can see, Ilkley Moors is a great start to exploring the Yorkshire Dales. As you come to towards the end of the trail, you will find some distinctive large rocks known as the Cow and Calf Rocks.
See: Create Your Own Home Cinema
Now more than ever is a great time to get creative with things to do at home. Moreover, as the festive season approaches, this is the perfect opportunity to introduce a winter lodge feel into your interior for cosy evenings spent at home. See below to see how you can create your own home cinema for movie nights with your nearest and dearest.
Get The Look - The Winter Lodge Cinema
Whether you have a covered outdoor area or a cosy corner, you can recreate this look for marvellous movie nights with the ones you love. See below to shop the Winter Lodge Cinema products...
Shop The Winter Lodge Look:
Set Of 2 Honeycomb Ball Decorations In White, Set Of 2 Gold Glitter Star Decorations, Traditional Rattan Rocking Chair, Genuine Sheepskin Rug - Silky Taupe, Set Of 6 Naughty & Nice Luxury Christmas Crackers, Champagne Gold Glitter Christmas Tree Decoration, Christmas Tree Decoration Made From Paper Stars.
Now that you have your cosy interiors sorted, all you'll need is a projector and a white sheet for the ultimate home cinema experience! Having said this, you don't need to buy a projector system to have a fun film night with friends. The lovely Katie Woods (@comedowntothewoods) has gone even more creative with her home cinema styling. Hanging a sheet over her TV with fairy lights, Katie has put together a snuggly hideaway for unforgettable viewing in a fort! If you want to recreate this look, why not purchase our lovely Silver Leaf Light Chain Spray to give the illusion of lying under the twinkling night sky in your home.
RSG Loves: Rock'n'Roll
This month, we are loving all things rock'n'roll. So, to get you inspired, we have put together our favourite rock'n'roll Instagram accounts, Christmas gift ideas for creatives and decor ideas for a truly unique Christmas!
Rock'n'Roll Accounts To Follow
Instagram Accounts From Left To Right:
- Vivienne Westwood - @viviennewestwood
- Rock N Rose - @rocknrosegirls
- Rock My Wedding - @rockmywedding
Rock'n'Roll Christmas Gift Ideas
Products From Left To Right:
Rock'n'Roll Christmas Decor
Shop The Look: Red Lips With Cigarette Hanging Christmas Decoration, Leopard Love Leopard Print Armchair, Gold & Silver Lightning Bolt Christmas Decoration, Do The Hustle Glamorous Beaded Cushion, Gold Peace Hand Ornament, Set Of 6 Two-Tone Gold Star Luxury Christmas Crackers, Girl Gang Metal Sign Wall Art, Green Glittered Leaf Christmas Tree Decoration, Leopard Love Leopard Print Velvet Cushion.
Enter: Facebook & Instagram Competition
Want to win a £50 e-voucher to spend online at Rockett St George?! So, for this month's Instagram & Facebook competition, our new theme is #MyCocktailCorner.
To enter the competition simply follow the steps below:
- Take a picture of a cocktail style spot in your home.
- Head over to Instagram or Facebook and post the picture to your feed. You'll need to use our @rockettstgeorge.co.uk handle with the hashtags #rockettstgeorge and #MyCocktailCorner to make sure we get your entry.
- And, that's it! Don't forget, you have until midnight on Friday the 27th November to enter. The winner will be announced on the December Hot List 2020. Good Luck!
For our October Hot List, our competition theme was #SpookyStyleSpot where we invited you to share a quirky corner of your home all dressed up for Halloween. There were plenty of amazing entries this month from fabulously spooky fireplaces to scary staircases and sideboards. But, one entry was terrifyingly stunning!
We are so pleased to announce that this month's winner of the #SpookyStyleSpot competition is @couthyhome
Inspiration: Pour Me A Drink
Pour me a drink! As Christmas is fast approaching, we're loving Co-Founder, Jane Rockett's Moodboards that showcase festive glamour. Jane's Instagram feed is bursting with rock'n'roll inspiration that will have you lusting for a party...or at least a cocktail with your loved ones at home!
Read: Top 5 Books For This Winter
Winter is the perfect time to get stuck into a good book. Whether you like to cosy up on the sofa in the evening or enjoy a book with your morning coffee we have five brilliant reads for you to enjoy this November!
Our Top 5:
- Quite by Claudia Winkleman - A friendly discussion with readers, Claudia Winkleman takes a subject and talks about it through thoughtful and amusing anecdotes. Touching on every subject from eyeliner, fringes, parenting, cooking, black clothing and her marriage, this is a thoroughly enjoyable read.
- Life In Pieces By Dawn O'Porter - Based around her daily blog entries throughout lockdown, Dawn O'Porter talks about life with her two kids and husband Chris O'Dowd. This book is funny, thoughtful and sad in parts. Moreover, Dawn discusses dealing with grief during a pandemic after the passing of her friend Caroline Flack. This is a read with both relatable and totally unique stories from this year.
- The Hungover Games by Sophie Heawood - This is an autobiographical book about journalist Sophie Heawood and single parenthood. After falling unexpectedly pregnant whilst working in Hollywood, this book traces her life over a period of six years. As such, this book is a hilarious and candid read.
- More Than A Woman by Caitlin Moran - A sequel from How To Be A Woman, Caitlin Moran's new book, More Than A Woman, is written ten years on from the release of her first book. An interesting read, this book reveals how Caitlin's musings of being a woman have developed and evolved. On top of this, she discusses everything from the menopause, parenting teenage daughters, teenage mental health, botox and more. A very fascinating read.
- Such A Fun Age by Kiley Reid - Based in America, this story follows an African American woman who is mistaken for kidnapping a child that she's babysitting in a supermarket. Kiley Reid explores black identity, racism and the anxiety of being in your twenties. A great read for all to enjoy.
Other books to read include:
Why I'm No Longer Talking To White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge. | Ghosts By Dolly Alderton. | How Do We Know We Are Doing It Right by Pandora Sykes. | The Body: A Guide For Occupants by Bill Bryson. | Green Lights by Matthew McConaughy. | I Am Not Your Baby Mother by Candice Braithwaite. | The Girls by Emma Cline. | Letters On Motherhood by Giovanna Fletcher. | Olive by Emma Gannon. | Girl, Woman, Other by Bernadine Evaristo. | A Bit Of A Stretch by Chris Atkins.
Listen: Podcasts For Music Lovers
On a day where all you want to do is laze around the house, the Desert Island Discs Podcast is the perfect listen for any music lover. On the podcast, celebrity guests are invited to talk about what they would take to a desert island. Subsequently, the celebrities then choose eight tracks, a book and a luxury that they would take with them. Its a fun and interesting listen with some truly inspiring people sharing the 'soundtrack to their lives'!
Our Desert Island Discs Top Picks:
- Ed Sheeran - Desert Island Discs
- Caitlin Moran - Desert Island Discs
- Nicola Adams - Desert Island Discs
- Levi Roots- Desert Island Discs
- Yusuf Cat Stevens - Desert Island Discs
- Maria Balshaw - Desert Island Discs