The June Hot List
There are so many reasons to celebrate this month with Pride & Joy!
June is pride month, so we are putting the spotlight on the LGBTQ+ community because it's time to say cheers to YOU. Whatsmore, as we start to return to normality, there is so much to look forward to including stylish spa staycations, inspiring art exhibitions and much more. Moreover, this month we have put together a wonderful competition prize that is full of colour and bursting with pride! So, see below to discover what to eat, drink and celebrate this June...we hope it is a positively glorious one for all!
Win: A Bundle Of Pride
This June, we have put together a glorious bundle of goodies for pride month. Using plenty of colour to reflect the diversity of the LGBTQ+ community, we wanted this prize to represent the freedom of being unique and true to yourself. Additionally, being a female-founded business, the inclusion of all genders as well as diversity and representation in race, sexuality, age, disability and religion are all extremely important to us. For this reason, we hope that this prize will put a smile on your face whilst raising awareness for the LGBTQ+ community. Because being you is enough!
What's included? One lucky person will win:
- 1x Jonathan Adler Rainbow Puzzle
- 1x Love Is Love Blush Pink Embroidered Cushion
- 2x Champagne Cocktail Coupe Glass With Gold Rim
- 1x Maison De Jeu Christian Lacroix Playing Cards
- 1x Shaking Shit Up! Gold Cocktail Shaker
- 1x Gold Peace Hand Ornament
Click Or Tap Below For Your Chance To Win A Bundle Of Pride Accessories this June!
Terms & Conditions Apply, Read Them Here.
Go: Stylish Spa Staycations
We could all do with some relaxation. So, June is the perfect time to go away for a stylish spa weekend. Whether you want to get away with your significant other or have a weekend with friends, we have put together some totally wonderful retreats for all to adore. See below to discover our top spa retreats...
The Ned, London
Nestled in the heart of the city, The Ned London offers ten spectacular restaurants and bars, ravishing spa facilities and a rooftop pool. Each of the restaurants has a different delicious cuisine with a nod to 20s glamour weaved throughout this gorgeous hotel. Whatsmore, this is the perfect base for exploring London and of course for relaxing after a day of shopping! However, with the vintage chic interiors, delicious food and sumptuous spa, you may not want to leave the grounds of the hotel after all! Click here to book an unforgettable stay.
Contemporary and stylish with an antique charm, the Beaverbrook Hotel is nestled in the Surrey countryside, perfect for a romantic weekend. Whether it be a special occasion or a getaway because why not...Beaverbrook is totally indulgent, fabulously decorated and wonderfully traditional. Even better, there are plenty of onsite restaurants to indulge in as well as sumptuous spa packages and an old-world Hollywood style cinema. You must visit here to make some marvellous memories in a stylish and characterful setting. Click here to book.
Gara Rock Hotel, Devon
In a luxurious location with stunning sea views, Gara Rock Hotel is a divine Devon hideaway for the whole family. Featuring stylish suites, apartments and garden rooms there something for everyone at this magnificent hilltop hotel. Additionally, with an itinerary of local places to explore, reviving spa days and a ravishing restaurant for foodies, Gara Rock has everything perfectly planned out for you. In fact, come rain or shine, this is the perfect seaside getaway for all ages. Click here to book your lovely stay.
Another Place Hotel, Lake District
Nestled on the shores of the Lake District, Another Place Hotel boasts views of beautiful hilltops as far as the eye can see. Connecting you with the outdoors whilst providing the best place to relax and be pampered, this hotel is the perfect getaway from busy city life. Moreover, if you are the outdoorsy type, you can explore the Lake District in style with some open-water swimming, sailing, stand-up paddleboarding, kayaking or cycling. Even better, for those that love to wind down after a morning exploring, book yourself into the lake spa with breathtaking views. Book your unique stay here.
See: Inspiring Art Exhibitions
This June, why not get out and do something different?! We have missed being inspired by amazing art. So, with the reopening of exhibitions and other open-air arts, we have rounded up our favourites to visit this month. See below to get inspired and book yourself in to see something spectacular...
British-Ghanaian photographer James Barnor presents his life through his career spanning six decades. Showcasing numerous photographic genres through his work, Barnor's captivating lifestyle photography records major social and political changes in London and Accra. Moreover, this exhibition takes you through the eras of Barnor's social commentary. It is a truly insightful depiction of his life amongst many cultures. Click to book.
An immersive sensory experience, Van Gough alive showcases some of the most iconic pieces of art in a new innovative way. Moreover, this unique opportunity to see Van Gough's art on a huge scale is totally breathtaking and a perfect day out for the whole family. So, for a colourful feast for the eyes, explore these famous paintings like never before. Click here to book London or Birmingham.
Popping up all over the buzzing town of Brighton, anywhere can be a quirky Fringe Venue. From launderettes to toy museums, pop-up tents to pubs Brighton Fringe is the largest open-access arts festival in England. Embracing every art form and the joy of diversity, you can support every type of artistic expression at Brighton Fringe. Even better, with events across the whole of June, there are so many fun events from day to night all over this brilliant city. Click to book tickets.
Eat: Quirky Colourful Restaurants
As the weather gets warmer, we are exploring some beautifully tropical and colourful restaurants with amazing interiors. This month, we are lusting after anything that is full of colour. After all, it's the little details that make for something spectacular right?! Whatsmore, if you love the vibes of these restaurants, we are going to show you how to get the look in your own home. So, see below to visit some gorgeous places and elevate your dazzling decor too...
This Tulum inspired taqueria is quirky-cool and characterful, perfect for a night out with friends. Ziggy Green's alfresco seating, vintage vinyl music and contemporary interior is just what we love about this fabulous laid-back restaurant. Even better, the watermelon margarita dispenser and extraordinary artwork certainly steal the show. Not to mention the show-stopping Ziggy Stardust mural surrounded by colourful decor. Additionally, with delicious brunch, cocktails, tacos and more on the menu, what's not to love?! Book here.
Get The Look
- Gold Palm Tree Leaf Floor Lamp
- Bowie Bingo Game
- Black Lovers Art Print
- Green Jungle Leaf Velvet Cushion
- Amber Tinted Glass Pendant Light With Zig-Zag Pattern
- Perfect Armchair In Burnt Orange Velvet
- Gold Water Lily Pad Side Table
A magical oasis that is full of tropical allure and colourful details, Amazonico is the perfect escape for a special occasion. A feast for the senses, the Japanese-Peruvian inspired menu, live music and all-around jungle vibe will not fail to impress. Moreover, with a carefully thought out interior and menu, this restaurant will seamlessly transport you to somewhere totally unique. This restaurant is like a beautiful getaway through delicious food, cocktails and a buzzing atmosphere. Book here.
Get The Look
- Artificial Bird Of Paradise Tree
- Solid Wood Mid-Century Black Faux Leather Dining Chair
- Sleeping Leopard In A Tree Candle Holder
- Spectacular Peacock Candle Holder
- Anna Hayman Designs Pearl Pendant Shade
- Giant Faux Palm Tree
- Curved Back Bar Stool In Moss Green
- Rockett St George Chalky Emulsion Paint - Bohemia
- Rockett St George Chalky Emulsion Paint - Juniper Leaf
- Iron Planter With Stand
Marvellously maximalist with serene details, The Ivy Asia is a must-visit for a fusion of cuisines and totally unique decor. Featuring a vibrant setting for any occasion, this quirky restaurant is as creative with its food as it is with the dazzling decor. Additionally, the marvellous murals, luxurious details and sumptuous seating areas are something of a spectacle. This charming ivy restaurant is full of colour and showcases the tranquil decadence of chinoiserie schemes. Book here.
Get The Look
- Rockett St George Exclusive Paint Collection - Dalloway
- Summer Flowers Velvet Cushion
- Edo Mural Design Wallpaper Panel - Gold
- Black & Cream Lantern Curved Ceiling Light Shade
- Casino Velvet Bar Stool - Rose Pink
- Gold Dome Table Lamp
- Khaki Green Velvet Cushion With Gold Fringe
Drink: Cocktails Of The Month
Perfect for pride celebrations at home, here we list our top cocktails of the month. Whatsmore, everyone needs a quirky fabulous cocktail vessel in their home bar. So, alongside our favourite cocktail, we have some glorious glassware to get the party started! See below to create some characterful cocktails for an afternoon in the sunshine.
This June, we are going wild for Frosé! A very grown-up slushie that is perfect for any glorious gathering in the garden, learn how to make your own batch of frozen rosé below...
- First, blend up the berries, rosé and honey and then strain
- Next, pour the ingredients into a baking dish and cover
- Finally, freeze for 6 hours or overnight. Blend your frosé the day of your party, top up with additional rosé and serve
Gin & Tonic
You can't go wrong with a cheeky Gin & Tonic! So, this month we are loving this sweet and tart cocktail that is perfect for any occasion. A simple drink that packs a punch, this gin and tonic with a twist is an all-time favourite of ours. Even better, it's so easy to make.
- On a hot day, start with some ice
- Measure your gin of choice and pour your desired amount into a glass
- Squeeze the juice of a grapefruit, about 1/3 of the glass
- Top up with delicious elderflower tonic
- Garnish with a slice of grapefruit and a rosemary sprig
This cocktail recipe is ultra-easy and always a crowd-pleaser for any occasion! So, pop some music on and serve your drinks in the fabulous Organic Highball Glass With Gold Rim or even the Vintage Champagne Glass With Gold Rim for added sass!
Brining Club Tropicana to your garden, a pitcher of rum punch is always a good idea! Inspired by our Pikes Cocktail Collection, this easy to create cocktail is summer in a glass. Whatsmore, it's colourful and bursting with flavour, so what's not to love?!
- Choose your glassware or pitcher and pour in some ice
- Add your desired amount of coconut rum
- top the rest up with pineapple and orange juice
- slice oranges and limes and garnish to serve
Classic and tropical, rum punch will get the party started! Moreover, if you want to dare to be different, you could even freeze the mix overnight and blend for a frozen daiquiri that will wow your guests. For serving, the Cosmic Pineapple Cocktail Glass with a slice of pineapple to garnish would look totally gorgeous. On top of this, everyone needs a Club Tropicana Wham Shorts Cocktail Sharer in their life. This would make for a Pikes Ibiza style party to remember! (Restocking 7th June)
For more recipes, check out the: Pikes Cocktail Book: Rock 'n' Roll Cocktails from One of the World's Most Iconic Hotels
Celebrate: Father’s & LGBTQ+ Parents Day
Who said the best dad in the world can’t be a mum? To all the dads, LGBT+ parents, step-dads, grandparents, brothers, sisters, mothers and friends that step up to show a child what it means to be a father, this is for all of you!
We know that Father's Day is an incredibly difficult day for many, so we want to make it about taking time for others. So, on Father's and Other Parent's Day, you may want to treat a friend, honour someone you've lost, make another person feel special or send a gift to someone you're thinking of. There is so much you can do to make this day joyful with a special meal or gift. So, below we have created a special dining and gifting edit so that you can make this day all the more memorable, however, you choose to spend it. Moreover, we know that this can be a really tough day, so remember, these gifts can be for anyone! Whether it's a 'thinking of you' gift or a treat for yourself as a parent, shop the edit below.
The Gifting Edit
For those that don't know what to get, a homeware gift is always the way to go! From meaningful adornments to cosy cushions and more, an eccentric accessory can be treasured in the home by anyone! Additionally, this year, why not go extraordinary with your gift?! This Gifting Edit is perfect if you want to go for something totally different, so see below to shop the products.
- Black & White Abstract Canvas Wall Hanging
- Gold Cherub With Sunglasses
- Dare To Be Different Embroidered Brown Cushion
- Denim BBQ Tool Set
- Comfort Food Storage Jar
- Smoked Glass Cafetiere / French Press
- Gold Octopus Bookends
- Gold Heron Wall Light
- Fucking Rain Umbrella
Dining Room Ideas
If you want to surprise someone special with a Sunday lunch, we have just the accessories for it! Moreover, this totally unique dining table decor can be cherished for years to come. So, see below to shop the Quirky Dining Edit to make someone's day on the 20th!
- Set Of 2 Octopus & Lobster Placemats
- Cocktails Metal Sign Wall Art
- Antique Copper Shoreditch Drinks Trolley
- Vintage Cut Glass Tumbler With Gold Rim
- Large Ombre Brown Vase & Candle Holder
- Small Ombre Brown Vase & Candle Holder
- Mustard Yellow Sakura Cherry Blossom Dinner Plate
- Lazy Rabbit Cupcake Plate
RSG LOVES: Pride Month
This June, RSG Loves...pride month! Celebrating all things pride, we present you with our favourite things to watch, listen to, shop and more. Whatsmore, we are thrilled to bring these amazing people to the forefront this month. Because they deserve it!
Pride Accounts To Inspire You
- @damianimated - Writer and illustrator, Damian Alexander has become the voice he always wished he had growing up. Inspiring people to be who they want to be through cartoons and quirky illustrations, this account is perfect for all ages. Made to relate to the younger LGBTQ+ generation who are figuring themselves out, Damian's cartoons are powerful and relatable for many. Additionally, Damian's book 'Other Boys' comes out in September, created to depict the struggles of feeling different at school.
- @ellessechar - Founder of @girlswillbeboys_ Char Ellesse uses her platform to challenge gender norms and binary labels. A powerful voice with an important message for the LGBT+ community, Char speaks out about many important topics, a perfect account that raises awareness. On top of this, we love Char's quirky makeup and the subjects covered through starting a conversation.
- @shaneebejnamin - Illustrations that are made to empower, Shanée Benjamin paints relationships, family, solitude, and resilience with the LGBTQ+ community at the forefront. Liberating followers with every boldly beautiful drawing, Shanée's illustrations are more than just art, they bring awareness to social movements and racial injustice. Not to mention the lovely posts that full of hope and others for fun too!
Pride Podcasts With Powerful Voices
- Pride & Progress - Celebrating the power of diversity, the Pride & Progress Podcast is a discussion with LGBTQ+ educators, bringing their stories to the forefront. Insightful, educational and inclusive, this podcast will expand your knowledge whilst making important voices heard.
- The Read - A weekly pop culture podcast, Kid Fury and Crissle discuss current affairs and give listeners advice by answering dilemmas. Injecting humour into everyday life, this dynamic duo are funny, uplifting and ultra-sassy.
- Gender Reveal - Interviewing trans, nonbinary and two-spirit people, Gender Reveal delves into the concept of gender whilst educating and bringing important topics to light. Moreover, this liberating podcast changes perceptions whilst empowering the LGBT+ community through meaningful conversations.
- Queer AF - A podcast for young voices to be heard, Queer AF invites students to tell their own stories. Embracing the pride of conversation, this podcast showcases a variety of content from a range of queer voices, presenting unique LGBTQ stories from all young walks of life.
Pride Books To Empower You
- Diary Of A Drag Queen By Crystal Rasmussen - Through laughter and pain, Diary Of A Drag Queen is a raw and honest memoir of the ups and downs of life. Capturing a unique betrayal of queer experiences, this book is relatable, honest and downright fabulous.
- Life As A Unicorn By Amrou Al-Kadhi - A heartbreaking and hilarious memoir, Life As A Unicorn depicts Amrou's fight to be true to themself. Providing nuance to the meaning of self-expression and identity, this book navigates many of Amrou's struggles growing up. Additionally, this book will have you laughing and crying. It is a must-read.
- The Magnificent Sons By Justin Myers - A coming of age read about relationships and identity, the story follows 29-year-old Jake and his brother Trick who has just come out as gay. As such, Jake is left questioning his repressed feelings about his own sexuality. The Magnificent Sons is a compelling read that explores family and sexuality with relatable characters and an important message.
Pride TV Shows To Raise Awareness
- Sex Education - A story of teens who run a secret school sex therapy clinic, Sex Education covers many topics around teenage sexuality. Additionally, this show sheds light on the LGBTQ+ community through various characters and their own personal experiences in discovering themselves. The story of Eric brings much-needed visibility to the LGBTQ+ in many ways. Moreover, his moving story explores his relationship with his father and his journey to accepting who he is. This show is not only funny but important for a wide range of viewers.
- Euphoria - Covering topics of sex, drugs, friendships and trauma, Euphoria offers a real, raw insight into what it means to be a teenager today. Whatsmore, this show is totally experimental and unique in style. It shows that gender and sexuality labels are not needed to portray an important and heartfelt message to viewers of all ages.
- It's A Sin - Set in the UK during the aids crisis in the 80s, It's A Sin follows the lives of a group of friends and how the aids illnesses affect them. This touching, tragic and moving series is a must-watch. Moreover, it depicts what life was like for gay men at the time and the devastating reality of how they were treated during the aids epidemic.
Pride Products To Celebrate
- Set Of 6 Assorted Coloured Brasserie Dinner Plates
- Blush Lovers Art Print
- 50 Drag Queens Who Changed The World
- Fucking Fabulous Metal Sign Wall Art
Enter: Facebook & Instagram Competition
Want to win a £50 e-voucher to spend online at Rockett St George?! If so, all you need to do to enter the Instagram and Facebook competition is take a picture of your fabulous space using the hashtag #rockettstgeorge.
To enter the competition this June, simply follow the steps below:
- Firstly, take a picture of any curated corner of your home that you'd like to share with us.
- Next, head over to Instagram or Facebook and post the picture to your feed. You'll need to tag us using our @rockettstgeorge.co.uk handle and hashtag #rockettstgeorge to make sure we get your entry.
- And, that's it! Don't forget, you have until midnight on Wednesday the 30th of June to enter. The winner will be announced on the July Hot List. Good Luck!
We are so pleased to announce that this month's winner of the Facebook & Instagram Competition is @atthejoneshouse !
Because every house should have a fabulous cocktail corner...Danielle's drinks display is totally glorious! Featuring our Cocktails Metal Sign Wall Art and Gold Peace Hand Ornament, this boldly beautiful bar area has been styled to perfection. We simply adore this quirky corner from the gold details to the serene pampas grass and amazing alcohol display. I mean, what's not to love?!
Inspiration: Life In Colour
In the joyful month of June, we are lusting after colours that make a statement! For this reason, we simply adore our lovely Co-Founder Jane Rockett's mood boards, they are ultra-chic and fiercely unique! Bursting with character and endless charm, Jane's divine decor inspiration can be found over on @rockettstgeorge. We love a fabulous feast for the eyes and these beautiful colour schemes are totally inspiring...
Playlist: Love Is Love
As June is pride month, we have put together the perfect playlist for any occasion. As such, for celebrations in the garden, a sing-along in the kitchen and good vibes all around, the Love Is Love Playlist is for all of you fabulous people!
- I Heard Love Is Blind - Amy Winehouse
- You & Me - Disclosure
- Good As Hell - Lizzo
- You've Got The Love - Florence + The Machine
- Don't Be So Hard On Yourself - Jess Glynne
- Born This Way - Lady Gaga
- Together - Sia
- Express Yourself - Madonna
- I'm Coming Out - Dianna Ross
- Can't Get You Out Of My Head - Kylie Minogue
And more...with the Love Is Love Playlist!