The February Hot List
This February, we want to fill it with kindness, positivity and love! Whether you are crazy in love or celebrating single, there is plenty to keep you entertained in the month of valentines from what to eat, drink and gift to self-care and plenty more. Even better, for those who enjoy treating themselves, this month's competition is hosted by us! So, whatever you are doing to feel happy in the month of February, we want it to be one where you feel the love.
Stay safe & sending you all good vibes,
Jane, Lucy and Team RSG x
Win: A £250 E-Voucher To Spend At Rockett St George
It's time to treat yourself! If you have a wishlist that you have been waiting to purchase or you want to gift some quirky homeware pieces to a loved one, then this month's competition is most definitely for you. Hosted by us, we are thrilled to offer one lucky winner a £250 e-voucher to spend at Rockett St George. Whatsmore, we'd like to say welcome to all of our lovely new customers and thank those with an ongoing love affair with our brand, it is a delight to have you all!
Now more than ever, we are spending a huge amount of time in familiar surroundings. And for this reason, we say why not make your home a place that you love. So, to get you inspired, we have created a gorgeous moodboard of pieces for you to adore.
If you can't stop thinking about it...buy it!
February Home Inspiration
Products Featured: Black Twisted Ribbon Ceiling Light, Perfect Large 4-Seater Sofa In Rose Pink Velvet (coming very soon!), Single Pink Rose Velvet Cushion, Leopard Love Leopard Print Velvet Cushion, Rockett St George Exclusive Paint Collection - Juniper Leaf, Palm Tree Table Lamp & Antiqued Mirror Side Table.
The Rockett St George Sofa Collection - Coming Soon!
Made and manufactured in the UK, our upholstered Sofa Collection has been handcrafted with the utmost quality in mind. We wanted to create a range of marvellous investment pieces that will last for years to come, so this is the perfect thing to put the winning voucher towards! Made to seamlessly transform any space, this new collection ranges from loveseats and armchairs to small and larger family-sized sofas. Moreover, we have four delightful sofa styles, three fabric choices and thirty colours for your bespoke piece to be all the more unique! Launching this February... make sure you're signed up to our newsletter to be the first to know when the sofa collection drops!
This competition has now closed
Self Care: Love Yourself & Your Home
It is so important to remember to take care of yourself during such uncertain times. For this reason, we wanted to share some ways in which you can stay relaxed using your home scheme to help you. We hope that these tips will introduce tranquillity into your home, making for a spa-like feel that exudes a sense of calm!
A Serene Colour Palette
To really encapsulate the feeling of a spa within your decor, a serene colour palette is a great starting point. To achieve this, you can use neutral-toned accessories, change the colours of your walls and pair your furniture with the tones of the room for a harmonious scheme to adore. A peaceful interior doesn't always have to mean all-white hues. In fact, by incorporating hints of colour such as dusky pink, toned down green or cool grey concrete, these are fabulous ways to add variety to your decor in a beautifully calming way. To add to the relaxing vibe, textures such as rattan and wicker are perfect for creating a boho beach club feeling in your home.
Candles are such a simple solution for creating a tranquil feeling amongst your existing interior. So, if you want a quick way to transform a room, candles will create that much-needed mood lighting whilst exuding a serene scent into your space. Additionally, the subtle flicker of a candle is perfect for illuminating any corner in an ultra-calming way. Candles can be used anywhere and everywhere from your dining table and reading corner to your bathroom or coffee table alike. Moreover, if you want to inject a bit of romance into your valentines table setting, go for candles...more is more!
Flowers & Plants
Breathing life, colour and texture in to your home, plants will uplift your mood whilst introducing an element of laid-back luxury. Whether you want to go for a long-lasting faux plant or a luscious living one, the detail and movement it brings to any space feel oh-so relaxing. We love the wonderful wispy look of our pampas grasses which come in divine neutral shades, they are a glorious finishing touch for any scheme. So, why not treat yourself to the little things in the home that make all the difference or gift a loved one with a long-lasting faux plant this valentines day!
Quotes: Kindness Will Never Go Out Of Fashion
Now is the time to be kind, and know...kindness will never go out of fashion! Discover our favourite quotes of the month below designed by us using our Rockett St George Wallpaper as a quirky backdrop. We hope that you enjoy them!
Beautiful Quotes To Get You By
For whoever needs some beautifully positive vibes, we have created these designs just for you! We love a feel-good quote, so we decided to create some dazzling designs that are fun, fabulous and encapsulates love! So why not download these images for your phone background, send them to a friend or re-post them to share the joy?
Whatsmore, if you have fallen in love with these gorgeous prints, you can buy our Rockett St George Wallpaper here!
Drink: Cocktails Of The Month
Whether it’s cheers to you, your family, friends or significant other, we have a cocktail for you this month. No matter if you're feeling bittersweet or you've got the love bug, these delicious drinks are perfect for any valentines, galentines or anti-love celebratory dinner. Even better, we've paired these easy to make drinks with some of our statement cocktail vessels so that you can sip in style! See below to discover our fabulous cocktail creations for February...
Best served with the Vintage Cut Glass Hi-Ball With Gold Rim, the 'Love Bug' cocktail is sweet, fun and a crowd pleaser! Pretty and pink in colour teamed with the vintage allure of the cut glass design, what more could you want from a valentines love potion?!
Best served with the Sunny's Bathtub G&T Cocktail Sharer, the 'It's Bittersweet' cocktail will never fail to impress. Sour yet heavenly sweet, this drink is perfect for a games night with the family or if you're feeling bittersweet over someone...there's no need for a drinks top-up with this creation!
Love On The Rocks
Best served with our Martini Glass With Gold Rim, the 'Love On The Rocks' is effortlessly classy, simple yet irresistibly delicious. Perfect for sipping of an evening, this luxurious cocktail is refreshing and tasteful and is the perfect pairing with the effortlessly stylish martini glass. So what's not to love?!
Best served with our Cosmic Pineapple Cocktail Glass, the classic yet divine 'Sexy Single' cocktail will transport you to somewhere sunny and carefree. This positively glorious drink with a deep spiced essence is the next best thing to lying on a beach with its sumptuously sweet fruity flavour!
Eat: Comfort Food At Its Finest
To continue the theme of love, we have plenty of fabulous meal ideas that are close to our hearts! From treating yourself to the ultimate takeaway or cooking a spectacular dinner at home to celebrating pancake day in all it's glory, these dining ideas are perfect for feel-good February! Read below to discover what lovely ideas we have for you...
Big Mamma Italian Food
Napoli Gang Food Delivery (London Only)
With two of our favourite restaurants in the heart of London, Circo Popolare and Gloria, The Big Mamma Group are our go-to Italian restaurants for comfort food, amazing cocktails and authentic vibes. Whilst we can't wait to get back to their trattorias, the delicious food is now available for delivery to London locations. If you live in the city and you want to celebrate valentines with some totally unique food, we highly recommend Napoli Gang Delivery. From the hot damn pizza to the dirty one and only lasagna and naughty cookies, this chic restaurant has a saucy love theme intertwined into its dishes throughout. Glorious!
The Big Mamma Cookbook
If you aren't reachable for the Napoli Gang Delivery or you fancy doing something creative of an evening, the Big Mamma Cookbook is such a winner! Injecting a romantic feel into cooking with its humourous recipe names and even more irresistible ingredients, this cookbook makes for a special dinner at home whatever the occasion! Moreover, if you are thinking of doing something thoughtful and fabulous this valentines, gift this book or cook the amazing tapas-style bites, hearty dishes and puddings or re-create some of the love-themed cocktails. It will not disappoint!
Galentines Meal Kit By Hoste London
For a galentine's celebration over zoom or an intimate dinner with the ones you love, the Hoste London meal kit has been carefully crafted by the clever queen of home dining, Laura Jackson. With her ethos becoming a fabulous trend on Instagram #makeamealofit, Laura has encapsulated the ultimate home dining experience that encourages you to treat yourself and go all-out with your cooking, table dressing and creativity!
Available to buy from the 1st of February, (you must be quick!) the galentine's supper club in a box includes a three-course feast for two with both meat and veggie options and a bottle of Moët & Chandon Rosé Impérial. On top of this, some divine extras include a Pink Blossom Love candle by Wax Atelier, a box of Hoste matches and bespoke menu cards designed by Romeo and Jules. This truly makes for the valentines tablescape and dinner of dreams!
If you love this idea, check out Hoste London's podcast HOSTEing with Laura Jackson where Laura chats food, interiors and travel with some brilliant guests.
Pancake Day Recipes
Whether you are a lover of savoury or sweet treats, find our favourite recipes for pancake day below...
- Chorizo & Avocado Pancakes - @athomewithnello - Featuring stunning table settings and unique recipes that will make you want to host a dinner party, Nello's meal ideas are utterly irresistible and picture-perfect. Additionally, the details of these gorgeous chorizo and avocado pancakes can be found on her stories here.
- Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes - @londonbruncher - If you are a brunch lover, you won't be able to get enough of this page. Moreover, Samah the 'London bruncher' details these delicious blueberry ricotta pancakes in her reels here.
- Banana Bread Pancakes - @whatiateforbreakfast - Showcasing some creative, colourful and indulgent food ideas, Emily's banana bread pancake recipe is the breakfast treat of dreams. Details can be found here.
- Sweetcorn & Feta Pancakes - @olivemagazine - Olive Magazine is perfect for browsing easy to make seasonal recipes and provides endless food inspiration for all. So, you can find this lovely savoury sweetcorn pancake recipe here.
Edit: The Month To Love
Bringing love into every day, we have put together our top picks to keep you entertained through February. From classic must-watch films and inspiration to podcasts and unique gift ideas, we hope that these fun ideas will keep your spirits up this month!
Films We Love
- About Time - Netflix - This unique yet gripping rom-com follows Tim through life when he discovers that he can travel through time. After learning this, he decides to see if he can go back and be lucky-in-love with the girl of his dreams. This is the perfect valentines day watch.
- Lovers Rock - BBC IPlayer - Part of the moving series of short films Small Axe which explores stories of black resilience through history, Lovers Rock is about young love at a blues party in 1980s London. Paying tribute to the romantic reggae genre called lovers rock, this film highlights how the black community found love, music and solidarity at house parties when they weren't welcome in nightclubs.
- Queen & Slim - Amazon Video - When Queen & Slim's first date takes an unexpected turn, the pair are forced to go on the run together, with only each other to rely on. This powerful film significantly highlights the racial divide in the US, intertwined with romance and beautiful cinematography. This tragic love story leaves you with a poignant message about the blatant police brutality that is still present today in America, this film is a must-watch.
Inspiration We Love
- @levysfriends - Truly wonderful inspiration with many relatable moods and clever designs, Alissa Levy's illustrations will never fail to make you smile. From friendship and love to encouraging you to be your most fabulous self, these illustrations are totally unique and bursting with glorious humour!
- @designstoreyshop - If you have a love for interiors like Kate Watson-Smyth, you will be thrilled to discover Design Storey. Detailing the best buys for every room in the home, this is personal shopping made easy with incredibly well-curated interior buys! Genius.
- @prettylittleparis - As far as romance goes, there's nothing like walking through the streets of Paris. Featuring enviable views, charming shopfronts and characterful streets, Pretty Little Paris is the escapism that we all need and will be lusting after until further notice!
Podcasts We Love
- Modern Love - Narrated by well-known figures such as Saoirse Ronan, Catherine O'Hara, Jake Gyllenhaal, this podcast tells the love stories of real people reading weekly articles from The New York Times Modern Love Column. Covering all kinds of topics such as romantic, familial and friendship, this is a great listen.
- Shagged. Married. Annoyed. - Answering questions from the public and a secret celebrity each week, Shagged. Married. Annoyed. is an honest candid chat about love, arguments, parenting and more with hilarious couple Chris and Rosie Ramsey. A must-listen for a good laugh!
- Love Stories With Dolly Alderton - Journalist Dolly Alderton talks to special guests about experiences in relationships from passion to heartbreak and much more. To tie in with Dolly's debut book, Everything I Know At Thirty, this podcast is highly entertaining and insightful.
- Katherine Ryan: Telling Everybody Everything - Honest chats, hilarious phone calls and answering your dilemmas, comedian Katherine Ryan covers many interesting topics from relationships to murders, celebrity culture and everything in between.
The Love is Love Edit
For the Love is Love Edit, we are bringing you some valentines pieces that are perfect for gifting paired with some good vibes. Furthermore, whether you are shopping for a special someone, buying a celebratory break-up gift or treating a fabulous friend, shop the look below!
- Chinoiserie Wallpaper Mural - Garzas Goji
- Rockett St George Exclusive Paint Collection - Pimpernel
- Black Lovers Art Print
- Maison De Jeu by Christian Lacroix Playing Cards
- Johnathan Adler Rainbow Puzzle - 750 Pieces
Trends: Get In The Mood
This month, it's time to get cosy! On top of this, whether you want to snuggle up with a loved one or create a fabulously sexy interior, we are going to talk about all of the trends we are seeing more of. Even better, shop the looks below to seamlessly transform your scheme and get in the mood!
Injecting a timeless allure into everyday living, we are seeing plenty of fanciful floral designs this February. Moreover, with springtime upon us, there has never been a better time to introduce some fabulously flowery designs into your interior. Oh-so versatile for any scheme, floral patterns have the ability to look ultra moody or elegant and romantic. So, why not incorporate something boldly beautiful into your decor this month?!
The ultimate way to get close and cosy with a special someone, we are so excited to bring you our new collection of Loveseat Sofas! Created alongside our bespoke sofa range (launching this February), these luscious loveseats are irresistibly comfortable with that sumptuous sink-in feeling. Ideal for a romantic movie night with your significant other, these loveseats are the perfect excuse to get snuggled up in style. On top of this, these show-stopping chairs are available in four chic designs and a choice of thirty chic colours.
Launching very soon - make sure you're signed up to our newsletter to be the first to know when the sofa collection drops!
Adding endless character and a glorious focal point to any scheme, murals are perfect for creating drama in a space. Encapsulating a tropical grandeur using captivating design, our murals promise to inject effortless charm into any corner of your home. Furthermore, during the season to love, these styles make a dazzling gift for a hopeless romantic with their lust-worthy details. Even better, these murals are so on-trend and we don't see this dreamy style going anywhere! It will make a brilliant 'forever feature' for your home.
Enter: Facebook & Instagram Competition
Want to win a £50 e-voucher to spend online at Rockett St George?! If so, all you need to do to enter the Instagram and Facebook competition is take a picture of your fabulous space using the hashtag #rockettstgeorge.
To enter the competition simply follow the steps below:
- Take a picture of any curated corner of your home that you'd like to share with us.
- Head over to Instagram or Facebook and post the picture to your feed. You'll need to tag us using our @rockettstgeorge.co.uk handle and hashtag #rockettstgeorge to make sure we get your entry.
- And, that's it! Don't forget, you have until midnight on Friday the 26th February to enter. The winner will be announced on the March Hot List. Good Luck!
We are so pleased to announce that this month's winner of the Facebook & Instagram Competition is @knackeredmavis! Featuring the Regal Bubble Gum Velvet Wall Hanging, Regal Selfie Velvet Wall Hanging, Orange Pencil Canvas With Printed Frame and the Hanging Monkey Wall Lamp, this is the living room of dreams!
Inspiration: Hopeless Romantic
Dreamy colours and effortless charm! Co-Founder Jane Rockett's mood board inspiration weaves the romance of interiors in with lovely quotes, happy-go-lucky vibes and some of our favourite Rockett St George products. If you haven't already been lusting after these heavenly mood boards, check out @rockettstgeorge on Instagram for a fabulous feast for the eyes!
Playlist: Love Yourself
The Love Yourself Playlist celebrates the power of you...because you are enough! Whether you need some break-up sing-alongs or mood-boosting tunes, this playlist will bring some carefree fun to everyday life. We hope that however you choose to spend the month of February, you do it with love!
- Love Yourself - Justin Bieber
- Respect - Aretha Franklin
- Nice For What - Drake
- thank u, next - Ariana Grande
- Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac
- Freedom - Beyoncé ft Kendrick Lamar
- You Don't Own Me - SAYGRACE ft G-Eazy
- Ex's & Oh's - Elle King
- Don't Call Me Up - Mabel
- Send My Love (To Your New Lover) - Adele
And more...with the Love Yourself Playlist!