The April Hot List
Hello April! With spring in full swing and summer around the corner, there is plenty to look forward to in the month of Easter...
Filled with the promise of fun and friends, this April there is lots to do from visiting a sunny pub garden to dining al fresco and shopping for treasures. Even better, for this month’s fabulous competition, we have teamed up with the lovely Lisa Dawson and Octopus Books to give away something really special. So read below to discover why April will be the best month yet!
Team RSG x
Win: Lisa Dawson’s New Interiors Book
About Lisa Dawson
Lisa Dawson is a multi-award-winning interiors blogger, writer, workshop presenter and social media influencer. She writes a popular weekly blog, is a regular contributor to Frank magazine and creates professional social media content for brands such as John Lewis and Loaf Home. On top of this, she is co-founder of the popular Instagram hashtag #myhomevibe which has almost two million posts. Living in her gorgeous York home with her husband, three children and a badly behaved Lhasa Apso called Buddy, Lisa shares her dreamy home inspiration on her Instagram @_lisa_dawson_. We simply adore Lisa's colourful home and eclectic, quirky-cool style!
About The Book
It's often thought that restyling your space comes with a hefty price tag and unavoidable waste. But in Resourceful Living, award-winning interiors blogger Lisa Dawson shows how, with a little creativity, you can revamp your home with existing pieces, vintage finds and key purchases. There are so many reasons why this book is an interior design must-have and we can't wait for it to come out on the 15th of April!
The clever ideas in this beautiful book cover:
- The most important ways we use our homes, from eating to sleeping, living and working.
- The Basics of steering clear of interiors 'fast fashion', multi-purposing furniture and making the most of what you have.
- Styling Your Home with simple solutions for re-imagining each room, from gallery walls to home bars, repainted storage to retro accessories.
- Including her top ten key vintage buys and tips for in-store and online thrifting, Lisa's inspiring advice shares the fun of creative sourcing as a more sustainable way to keep your home feeling fresh.
Lastly, don't forget to catch Lisa Dawson on the @rockettstgeorge.co.uk Instagram Live Q&A on Wednesday 14th April at 8 PM!
We are thrilled to have teamed up with Lisa Dawson and Octopus Books to offer TEN lucky entrants each a chance to get their hands on this dazzling book! So, if you are looking for some expert design advice and you want to make your home look as effortlessly stylish as Lisa's, then you will absolutely love this prize...
*This competition has now closed
Celebrate: Easter With Loved Ones
This Easter is going to be an extra-special one. Now that we are allowed to meet up to six people outdoors, this is the perfect opportunity to host a fabulous breakfast, lunch or dinner with the ones you love. Whatsmore, to celebrate being social, we have some brilliant easter styling ideas below. Read on to discover how to make your long weekend a wonderful one!
Curate the perfect shelfie! A bit of fun for the kids on Easter Sunday and great activity, use our characterful accessories for a stand out shelf display. Cute and playful, who doesn't love a little bunny rabbit accessory?! These marvellous adornments make fabulous gifts or amazing additions to an eclectic display.
Easter Table Setting Ideas
Whether you are having guests in the garden or spending it with family, why not go all out with your easter table?! After all, Easter weekend wouldn't be complete without some sweet treats. So, mix your eggs, hot cross buns and cakes with some boldly beautiful place settings to create a show-stopping table for all to adore.
Fun Easter Food For Sharing
- @rosiefoodie - Wild Garlic Cheddar Scones - Click here for the recipe.
- @olivemagazine - Hot Cross Bun Bread & Butter Pudding - Click here for the recipe.
- @fitwaffle - Fudgy Creme Egg Brownies - Click here for the recipe.
- @cheeseboardqueen - Easter Cheese Board - Click here for the shopping list.
For something a little different, take a spring cupcake decorating course with Kerry's Bouqcakes here.
We are all about fabulous feel-good activities at the moment. For this reason, it would be rude not to make the most magnificent ice-cream sundae this Easter! So, using our Vintage Cut Glass Martini Glass, grab your favourite easter eggs, chocolates and sprinkles to create a ravishing retro sundae with a twist! Additionally, this is the perfect activity for the whole family to enjoy. I mean...who wouldn't?!
See: Beautiful Blossom Trails
There are some very beautiful places to find blossom trees all across the UK at this time of year. Moreover, April is such a wonderful time to take walks through the stunning spring scenery. With many places across the country displaying beautiful blossoming trees, see below to discover where to find some of the most picturesque spots.
Picture Perfect Blossom Tree Finds
- The Stray, Harrogate - North Yorkshire - A long area of public parkland, the stray is the perfect trail to walk through and take in the spring blossom. Pretty and pink through the month of April!
- Alnwick Gardens, Northumberland - With twelve acres of meandering gardens, the magnificent grounds is home to the worlds largest Tai Haku Cherry Orchard. This is where the spring cherry blossom is oh-so spectacular. Book your visit here.
- Regent's Park, North London - Featuring wide open parkland and formal gardens with over 12,000 roses, Regents Park is a wonderful place to visit and admire spring in full bloom.
- Notting Hill, West London - A vibrant area of West London with colourful houses and eclectic market stalls, the blossom trees that fill this area make it all the more special through the spring months.
Edit: Entertaining Outdoors
The time has finally come to start entertaining outdoors! Whatsmore, we can finally enjoy this with friends and family. So, what better time to revamp your outdoor space and get it ready for guests?! See below to discover how to make the most of entertaining outdoors, whether it be a barbecue in the garden or a pretty picnic set-up.
The Al Fresco Dinner Party Edit
When hosting an al fresco dinner party, there are a few essentials that will make the table setting all the more special. Firstly, for cosy sitting and added pattern, use our Tassel Throw to accessorise your chairs and create that pub garden feel. Next, there's nothing like a glorious glow at a candlelit dinner. So, style our irresistibly chic Small Ombre Candle Holders to provide that marvellous mood lighting of an evening. To complete the table, the beautiful Burnt Orange Glazed Vase, Lagarus Ovatus, Textured Coupe Glass and Mustard Dinner Plates will tie this oh-so stunning scheme together.
Check out our entertaining outdoors styling Instagram Reel here.
Picnicing With Friends
Create a dreamy picnic for you and your friends with these delightful products. Featuring statement accessories and ultra-useful pieces, we simply love this picnic setup for a fun day out with the people you love. Moreover, these picnic must-haves can be incorporated into your kitchen decor too. The Set Of 5 Star Print Glass Bowls With Lids are perfect for taking snacks to the park or storing leftovers in the fridge. We are lusting over the Bite Me Tray for serving tea, cake drinks and more. So what's not to love?! Shop the look for your next sunny meet-up with friends...
Check out our picnic styling reel here.
Boozy BBQ Must-Haves
Shop The Look
- Denim BBQ Tool Set
- I Have Mixed Drinks About Feelings Tumbler
- Antique Copper Shoreditch Drinks Trolley
- Brea Black Garden Chair
- Summer Flowers Velvet Cushion
Eat: Al Fresco Dining
From April 12th, we are so excited to be able to visit some of our favourite restaurants that offer outdoor dining. As the weather gets warmer for some alfresco food in the sun, going for a fabulous feast will be a real treat! Even better, see below to discover some delightful outdoor dining locations to book this April.
Our Top Picks For Outdoor Dining
- The Ivy Manchester - The Ivy Brasserie is a stylish British cuisine for all to love. With restaurants across the UK, this is a fabulous option for outdoor dining, delicious food and cocktails in many different locations. It really is a crowd-pleaser for date night, family reunions and more!
- Folie London - A gorgeous restaurant in the heart of Soho, Folie London is a real treat with french style outdoor dining. Perfect for a special occasion, Folie offers a taste of the Rivera combined with stunning 60s inspired vibes throughout. This is modern dining in London meets vintage glam!
- Seabird London - Located on the rooftop of the delightful Hoxton Hotel in Southwark, Seabird boasts London's longest oyster list, fabulous city views gorgeous boho decor. A divine menu with Spanish and Portuguese influences, Seabird will not only provide holiday vibes on the ravishing rooftop but is also the seafood cuisine of dreams!
- The Hawk's Nest London - In the heart of Shepherd's Bush, West London, The Hawk's Nest has a stunning outdoor space for all to adore. Their hidden garden is ideal for meeting friends for street food eats and cocktails. So, if you are after delicious pizza, small Italian snacks and good vibes, you must visit this glorious garden!
Other locations in the UK that we love include JOY at Portobello, The Salt Room Brighton, Fatto A Mano Brighton, The Old Queens Head Islington, Caravan Granary Square, Lina Stores Kings Cross, Coppa Club Brighton, Coppa Club Brighton, Reading & Tower Bridge, The Botanist Leeds, The Buyers Club Liverpool & The Flint House Brighton.
Drink: Must-Visit Pub Gardens
Pub gardens opening on the 12th of April will definitely be one of the highlights of the year so far. So, to celebrate the amazing feeling of being out in the sunshine in a buzzing pub garden, we have listed all of our favourite ones below. Read on to discover our top picks...
Our Top Pub Garden Picks
- The Prince London - The Prince in West Brompton boasts a large and luscious pub garden, it is the perfect place to meet friends for any occasion. The cocktails and beautiful botanical decor will not disappoint!
- The Botanist Cardiff - A pub meets bar and restaurant with branches all across the UK, The Botanist is perfect for after-work drinks, meeting friends or date night alike. Many of the Botanist bars have lovely terraces or gardens for drinks on a summer's evening.
- The White Hart Barnes - An Idyllic location for a sundowner with friends, The White Hart Barnes has glorious riverside seating and is a magnificent British pub for all to adore. Bring the whole family here on a sunny Sunday or hang out in the evening to watch the sunset. Check out @youngspubs for more brilliant outdoor pub locations.
- The Wild Rabbit Inn Cotswolds - Nestled in a picturesque location in the Cotswolds, the Wild Rabbit Inn is ideal for relaxed drinks after a long walk, cocktails with friends or a family day out. Whatsmore, the terrace is in full bloom in spring and perfect for enjoying the sunshine, whatever the occasion!
Other locations in the UK include that we love include: The Griffin Inn East Sussex, The Painswick The Cotswolds, The Bull Ditchling, Angelica Leeds, The Cow & Calf Leeds, The Flask Highgate, The Faltering Fullback Finsbury Park, The Albion Islington, The Apple Cider Boat Bristol, The Kings Arms Bristol, The White Lion Bristol, Barge East Hackney, Netil360 Hackney & The Stag NW3.
Go: Shopping For Treasures
We are so excited about the re-opening of shops on the 12th of April. Even better, this means that we can go out and do something that we've always loved to do. Shopping for treasures! A great outing for the whole family to enjoy, we have listed our top three favourite places to go shopping for unique finds below.
Our Top 3 Places To Shop For Treasures
Portobello Road Market
Where? Notting Hill, London
Colourful houses, amazing food and a marvellous array of treasures. Portobello Road Market has it all! Wander down the vibrant streets, grab some delicious food and look for some vintage finds, modern homewares or quirky adornments to take home with you. This really is the perfect day out for the whole family this spring.
Where? Regent St, Soho
Liberty London has always been our favourite department store in London. With so many unique finds including, homeware, jewellery, fashion and fabrics, you can spend hours in the beautiful Tudor revival building seeking gorgeous treasures and treats. Whatsmore, we are so thrilled to have a Rockett St George Concession on the 3rd floor which is re-opening on the 12th of April. There you can find a selection of our bestsellers, Liberty exclusive products and newness all from Rockett St George. So come and visit us on the 3rd floor when we re-open. We can't wait!
UK Antique Fairs
Where? West Sussex, Nottinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Somerset, Berkshire & London
Going on the hunt for antiques is a lovely day out for those who love to be creative and quirky with their homeware finds. If you love to search for unique pieces to incorporate into your interior, then visiting an antique fair will be a totally thrilling day out searching for treasures. So, if you haven't already discovered some of the UK's top antique fairs, visit the IACF antiques website to find out more here.
Stay Safe: Spread Love, Not Germs
As we begin to spend more time out and about, it's important to make sure you have everything you need for our new way of living. With this said, we have designed and hand-picked some glorious accessories to ensure that you stay safe but in style! Moreover, these pieces make great gifts, some featuring a bit of sweary humour which is perfect for a naughty someone. So, read below to shop some statement must-haves for your daily outings that we think you'll love.
- Black Cheetah Face Mask
- Love Polka Dot Face Mask By Rachel Waite
- If You're Reading This Face Mask By Adam Regester
- Fucking Virus Face Mask
One for at home and one for on the go, these two products are funny, functional and absolute must-haves. Display the sexy Spread Love Not Germs Bottle in your hallway to use as you walk through the door, an easy reminder to keep your hands clean. The beautiful bottle and calming lavender scent are perfect for your home whilst being ultra-practical for everyday living. On top of this, you can use your lavender sanitiser to re-fill the Fucking Gel Bottle, which attaches to your keyring so you'll never forget it! What's not to love?!
Enter: Facebook & Instagram Competition
Want to win a £50 e-voucher to spend online at Rockett St George?! If so, all you need to do to enter the Instagram and Facebook competition is take a picture of your fabulous space using the hashtag #rockettstgeorge.
To enter the competition simply follow the steps below:
- Take a picture of any curated corner of your home that you'd like to share with us.
- Head over to Instagram or Facebook and post the picture to your feed. You'll need to tag us using our @rockettstgeorge.co.uk handle and hashtag #rockettstgeorge to make sure we get your entry.
- And, that's it! Don't forget, you have until midnight on Thursday the 29th April to enter. The winner will be announced on the May Hot List. Good Luck!
We are so pleased to announce that this month's winner of the Facebook & Instagram Competition is @fallingforfilberts!
Using an eclectic mix of colour, texture and delightfully dark decor, Sarah has created an ultra show-stopping area to enjoy a cocktail or two. Featuring our Midas Bar Stools, First Class Waiting Room Sign and Gold Peace Hand Ornament, this is the home bar of dreams. We simply love the details of this quirky corner, it is creative, boldly beautiful and brings positively glorious disco vibes!
Inspiration: Spring In Full Swing
As flowers start to bloom this April, we are surrounded by good vibes, hope and positivity. This is truly reflected in our fabulous Co-Founder, Jane Rockett's boldly beautiful moodboards. If you haven't already, go and check out @rockettstgeorge on Instagram for Jane's dreamy inspiration and daily moodboard marvellousness!
Playlist: Boozy BBQ
Spend April the right way with our Boozy BBQ Playlist! Now the time has come to meet your friends in a park or garden, this is the perfect playlist to accompany a sunny gathering with plenty of drinks. So, get your nearest and dearest together, pop the Boozy BBQ Playlist on and let the good times roll!
- Feels Like Summer - Childish Gambino
- You Don't Love Me (No, No, No) - Dawn Penn
- Sunny Daze - Lord Apex
- The Dog Days Are Over - Florence + The Machine
- Unmissable - Gorgon City
- Feel Like I Do - Disclosure
- Honey - SHY FX, Kiko Bun
- Let's Stay Together - Al Green
- Could You Be Loved - Bob Marley
- Lost In Music - Sister Sledge
And more...with the Boozy BBQ Playlist!