We came across this amazingly easy Oreo Brownie recipe from The Idea Room and have honestly struggled to keep it under wraps until now!! Lent is over, diets are a thing of resolutions past and we are chomping (quite literally) at the bit for some sweet, sugary snacks.
If you've got any Easter chocolate leftover (haha) then this is the perfect recipe for rustling up a quick and easy treat for everyone to enjoy! Say hello to your new favourite treat...
100ml vegetable oil
225 grams sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
75 grams cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
120 grams plain flour
Crushed Oreos (as much or as little as you like) and/or leftover easter egg chocolate
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees / gas mark 4
2. Mix oil and sugar until well blended.
3. Add eggs and vanilla; stir just until blended.
4. Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
5. Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
6. Crush the Oreo’s then stir 3/4 of them into the mix. This is also where you can add any broken easter egg bits.
7. Pour into greased square pan.
8. Sprinkle the remaining broken Oreo’s over the top of the brownies.
9. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares - voila! Death by chocolate.
We hope you love these as much as we do... they are superbly rich so DEFINITELY enjoy a with a cool glass of milk to wash them down. They are the perfect sharing snack when you have friends and family over...we like to call them a crowd pleaser!
If you want ideas for more deliciously naughty treats, why not take a peek at Bake In Black, our favourite new music-inspired recipe book. We made their Choc, Sex, Sugar, Magik Puddings which we can totally vouch for! Yum.