Summer holidays are over, but the fun doesn't stop here! Oh no, we have so much for you to see, do and more to make September the best month of the year yet!
This month we've got a number of exciting things for you to do including booking tickets for the Rockett St George Second Book Launch Party, the London Podcast Festival and Fleabag Live to name but a few.
What's more, up for grabs this month is the opportunity to WIN a signed copy of the second Rockett St George book, Extraordinary Interiors In Colour! There are ten signed copies available to be won so make sure you enter below.
Have a fabulous month.
Jane, Lucy and the RSG Team x
It's official, we've written our second book! Whoop Whoop!
Co-founders, Jane Rockett and Lucy St George have been working hard on their second book exploring the world of colour, revealing their own colour inspirations and showing how to choose the perfect palette for your home.
Following on from their best-selling book, Extraordinary Interiors, Jane and Lucy investigate colour theory before plunging into trends throughout the decades, colour in nature and colour inspiration from travel. Finally, they explore how to create a colour scheme that works perfectly for you. Like the first book, at the end of each chapter, Jane and Lucy explore real-life homes bursting with colour and creativity that exemplifies the Rockett St George style.
To enter our competition to Win one of the 10 signed copies of Extraordinary Interiors In Colour, click below to enter.
Come to our partyyyy! To celebrate the official unveiling of the Rockett St George book, Extraordinary Interiors In Colour, we are hosting a number of book launch parties.
As part of the evening events, Jane and Lucy will be holding a talk, exploring everything from the history of colour to the many ways that colour can make us feel and giving us a few top tips for embracing colour in your own home. To top it all off, glasses of fizz will be flowing and we will also have an exclusive book signing session with Jane & Lucy themselves.
To book your tickets to the Extraordinary Interiors In Colour Book Launch near you, click below:
- Monday, 30th of September 2019 6:30 - 9:30pm at Number Six at The Marylebone Hotel. Click to book your tickets here.
- Thursday, 10th of October 2019 6:30 - 8:30pm at The Edinburgh Grand - Penthouse. Click to book your tickets here.
- Thursday, 17th of October 2019 - 6:30 - 8:30pm at Whitworth Locke, Manchester. Click to book your tickets here.
- Date TBC, keep an eye on our social media for an update.
Sky-high views of London's cityscape, open 24 hours a day and serving up banging waffles, Duck & Waffle is our new favourite restaurant.
With a delectable menu, stuff yourself silly with The Full Elvis (Peanut Butter, Banana, jam, Chantilly cream and all the trimmings), Blueberry Waffle (fresh blueberries, violet ice cream, Greek yoghurt and lemon jam) and, of course, the iconic Duck & Waffle (confit duck leg, fried duck egg, mustard maple syrup). Wash it down with their extensive drinks list that serves up booze all night long including our favourite Champagne Cocktail - Champagne Negroni (Bombay Sapphire gin, Campari, vermouth, Champagne).
But if you are in need of a night in this September, then why not bring waffles to your own home? Check out this cool Youtube video by Tasty that comes up with some delicious waffle toppings including Brownie Waffle Sundae ... yum, f**king yum! You could even have your waffles with champagne to really get in on the Duck & Waffle experience ... any excuse, ey!
Alternatively, check out our blog Top 10 Pancake Toppings for waffle topping ideas.
Another month, another social media competition!
For our September Instagram and Facebook competition, our theme is 'MY BATHROOM STYLE'. So style up your bathroom and share it with us in a post on Instagram or Facebook along with the @rockettstgeorge.co.uk tag and #rockettstgeorge , #mybathroomstyle for your chance to win.
We can't wait to see all of your fabulous posts! Good Luck!
For our August Hot List, our Facebook & Instagram Competition Theme was 'My Favourite Room'. With so many fabulous entries our work was cut out for us, but we are thrilled to announce that @ahomefitforkings is our lucky winner! She has won a £50 E-Voucher to spend at Rockett St George! Yay!
A huge thanks to these fabulous runner-ups too - we loved you #myfavouriteroom posts!
Sad to see the end of Phoebe Waller-Bridge's BBC Series Fleabag?! Then we've got a special surprise for you!
A one-woman show with the incredible Phoebe Waller-Bridge at the National Theatre Live, we will definitely be going to see this at our local cinemas! Discover more by checking out the trailer for the live show below:
Discover the incredible exhibition of artist, Olafur Eliasson at the Tate. A captivating collection of installations that will take your breath away, the exhibition is open until January 5th 2020.
If you consider yourself to be a design junkie then 100% Design is for you! A three-day interior design and trade event this is the place to go to get inspired and to get a glimpse at upcoming interior design events. On from the 18th to 21st of September at Olympia London, this is a design lovers dream!
This month we are exploring Jane's favourite Colourful Interiors! From beautiful blue interiors to the ever-trending pink interiors, head over to our latest 5 Favourite Rooms Blog to discover our top picks.
You can also see our previous 5 favourite rooms blogs by clicking below:
- Our 5 Favourite Rooms | Modern Rustic
- Our 5 Favourite Rooms | Beautiful Bathrooms
- Our 5 Favourite Rooms | Magical Murals
- Our 5 Favourite Rooms | Dark Interiors
Love a good podcast?! Or thinking about starting a podcast yourself?! Then the London Podcast Festival is for you!
Launched in 2016, the festival returns for its fourth year with live shows from some of your favourite podcasts. On throughout September, steal an evening for yourself and head over to one of the events at Kingsplace London.
Our top highlights include:
- Women Like Us, Friday 6th of September at 7pm. A comedy podcast that delves into the issues which are most important to women around the world.
- A Gay and a NonGay, Saturday 7th September at 7pm. In the UK's leading LGBTQ+ podcast, two men; one gay, one not gay, discuss the divides and challenges we face in a hilarious and poignant fashion.
- Doing it with Hannah Witton, Sunday 8th of September 9:30pm. Youtube sensation, Hannah Wittonis joined on her podcast by a guest to explore the big and little things about our bodies, relationships, dating and sex.
- Kermode On Film Live!, Friday 13th September 9:30pm. Movie reviewer, Mark Kermode's hugely popular podcast will be going live at the London Podcast Festival. A hotly anticipated event, this is the perfect podcast for anyone who loves films.
- Introduction to Podcasting, Saturday 14th of September 10am. For anyone who has an idea for a podcast and wants to know how to get started.
And, if you can't make it to this years London Podcast Festival then check out these amazing podcasts that we've been listening to:
- Birth Stories with Clemmie Hooper aka @motherofdaughters.
- Table Manners with Jessie Ware.
- Happy Place by Fearne Cotton.
- The Great Indoors Podcast by Kate Watson-Smyth and Sophie Robinson.
- Things I Told My Daughter hosted by Lisa Snowden for Fabulous Magazine.