Steal Our Top Tips and Favourite Recipe.
'What is the best meal to make for a dinner party?' Answer: A super-easy crowd-pleaser served up in beautiful dishes. Get the ambience right and you're on your way to hosting the best dinner party ever. In this guide, we will share with you our favourite crowd-pleasing recipe and top dinner party hosting tips. Prepare to be the host with the most...
When entertaining a crowd you're cooking for a lot of people, so it's important to get the prep nailed. No one wants to slave away in the kitchen all evening! So let's start at the top and lay the foundations for a fun-filled and fabulous evening.
Top tips for dinner parties and entertaining.
- Prep, Prep, Prep. We've said it before but we'll say it again - prep everything ahead of your guests arriving. It might seem like a lot of effort, but you won't regret it when your guests arrive and you get to relax and catch up with them instead of being chained to the stove.
- Centrepiece. Impress your guests and let them know you've gone the extra mile just for them. Every dinner party table needs a centrepiece to draw attention and start conversations. We love building layers with decanters, flowers or stems and candlesticks at varying heights. Add some humorous items, like little monkey ornaments or use quirky candlestick holders for a totally unique display. Keeping drinks topped up is the oil in this machine, so your centre-piece could feature a fabulous champagne bucket filled with ice and plenty of wine.
- Set The Mood. Lighting is an essential element for setting the mood. Always opt for candlelight and soft, low-level lighting and lamps for dinner parties. This will give your room a glamorous, glowing feeling. And let's be honest - we all look better by candlelight! Along with lighting, music can change the mood in an instant so make sure you get your playlist right and choose songs that make you feel how you want your guests to feel at different points in the evening.
- Serve in Style. Only use your most beautiful Serving Dishes, Breadboards & Plates. This will upgrade the whole look and feel of your table that your guests will be in awe of. Source stylish cooking dishes, serving dishes with lids to keep things warm and add make it a sharing table where people can help themselves. Instantly creating a more relaxed atmosphere, this will make your guests feel comfortable and at ease. Our Black Terracotta Serving Dish, Tapas Style Plates, Salad Bowls would be perfect for this recipe.
The Ultimate Crowd Pleaser Recipe.
This is one of our favourite recipes due to being super versatile and super easy to make. It's a vegetarian recipe with Aubergine, Lentils and Cauliflower but if you're a meat-lover simply add roasted chicken breast.
Smokey Lentils with Harissa Roast Cauliflower & Aubergine Recipe (via Rebel Recipes).
(Serves 4) 25 mins prep // 45 mins cooking
- Roasted Veg: 1/2 large aubergine sliced | 1 medium cauliflower cut into steaks/florets
- Harissa Dressing: 1.5 tbsp Harissa paste | 1 tbsp olive oil | 1 tsp garlic powder | 1/2 tsp sea salt | Juice 1 lemon
- Lentils: 1 onion chopped | 1 tbsp oil | 1 tbsp ancho chilli paste (adjust to your preference of spice) | 4 cloves garlic sliced | 300g cherry tomatoes sliced | 350g split or whole red lentils rinsed well | 2 tbsp tomato purée | 750ml water | 1 tsp chilli flakes (adjust to your preference of spice) | 1 1/2 tsp sea salt | Lots of black pepper & a pinch white pepper | 1 tbsp tamari | 1 tbsp coconut yoghurt or cream
- In a bowl, mix together the harissa paste, olive oil, garlic powder, sea salt and lemon Juice.
- Cut the cauliflower up into florets, and aubergine into slices then add them to the bowl with the dressing, mix well.
- Add to a large roasting pan. Roast on a medium heat 180c/Gas mark 4 for 20 minutes, then turn. Continue to roast for a further 20 minutes until the veg is cooked and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven.
- Add your oil and onion to a wide bottom pan and fry gently on a low heat for around 10 minutes until soft and browning. Add the garlic and fry for 30 seconds more.
- Now add the tomatoes, Lentils, tomato purée, ancho chilli paste to the pan and cook on a low heat for 30 minutes. Stirring occasionally – add more water if needed.
- Add the salt, pepper, chilli flakes, tamari and coconut yoghurt to the pan and simmer for a further 5 minutes
- Top with the harissa, cauliflower and aubergine. Serve with a fresh salad and Chapatis or Flat Bread.
Serve In Style.
The perfect dishes to serve up your crowd-pleaser in style is our collection of Black Brown Terracotta Dishes. A few months back, the fabulous Sophie Beresiner hosted her friends using the Black Brown Terracotta Tapas Dishes to create a relaxed, sharing style vibe.
So there you have it, your perfect Dinner Party Recipe and top tips on how to host the best dinner party. We hope you and your guests will love this recipe as much as we do.