Summer, at last.
July is the time to sit back, kick your feet up and enjoy a cocktail or two. To make sure you are as embraced in summer as possible, we have put together some easy ways to make the most of it. From the best places to go, things to see and food to eat - Your Summer of fun starts here!
Have a fabulous July...
Lots of Love,
Jane, Lucy and The RSG Team x
For our July Instagram and Facebook competition, our theme is 'MY KITCHEN STYLE'. So go to town with your kitchen decor and share with us your most beautiful and showstopping kitchen style. To enter simply share your 'My Kitchen Style' post on Facebook and Instagram along with the @rockettstgeorge.co.uk tag and #rockettstgeorge for your chance to win.
We can't wait to see all of your fabulous posts! Good Luck!
For our June Hot List, our Facebook & Instagram Competition Theme was 'My Garden Style'. With so many fabulous entries our work was cut out for us, but we are thrilled to announce that the fabulous @patirobins is our lucky winner! She has won a £50 E-Voucher to spend at Rockett St George! Yay!
Circolo Popolare – Rathbone Square, Fitzrovia, London.
The Big Mamma Group have revealed their latest Sicilian-inspired restaurant. Circolo Popolare is the flamboyant baby sister to one of our favourite London restaurants; Gloria Trattoria. This is set to be the hot spot of London this Summer. Expect lavish interior decor with a jaw-dropping faux-living ceiling (a big tick for biophilic interior design) and an Italian menu to die for. Every morsel of your meter long pizza and crazy XXL desert will be worth it - we promise!
Open Monday-Sunday. Bookings are available for Breakfast, Brunch or Lunch or are on a first come first served basis for Dinner, except for groups of 12+.
- Creative ice cream flavour day – July 1st. Today is the day! Whether vanilla is your favourite or you're a lunatic when it comes to ice cream flavours, get your scoopers ready - Summer is officially here 😉
- International kissing day – July 6th. Being kind is the new cool and International Kissing Day is the perfect excuse to take it to a new level... Your task is to kiss or get a kiss from your favourite person. Time for some lip-smacking fun...
- Friday the 13th – July 13th. Will you be Lucky or Unlucky? Whichever it is for you this year, you'll have fun watching people dodging that third drain cover, avoiding cracks in the pavement and giving ladders a wide birth!
- National daiquiri day – July 19th. Do we even need to say it again... If there's an excuse to party with a few Daiquiris, then why not?! Maybe try out some different flavours; like Mango, Strawberry, or Coconut... Yum!
- National chicken wing day – July 29th. Get your napkins at the ready and dig into some delicious chicken wings on July 29th. Will you go spicy with chillis or stick to classic BBQ?
Summer is the perfect time to be outside and what could make that even better, music! With live music from some of the UK’s favourite artists such as Robbie Williams, Celine Dion and Stevie Wonder, BST in Hyde Park is a summer must! When: 5-7th July and 13-14th July. Where: Hyde Park, London.
Get ready to laugh your socks off at the Secret Comedy Club. With top-tier headline acts such as Zoe Lyons, Phil Kay, Fin Taylor and Colin Hoult, you can’t go wrong. When: Every Friday 7 pm - 11 pm. Where: Artisa café and gallery, Brighton.
An exhibition you won't want to go to feeling hungry... Centred around sustainability, this exhibition explores the choices we can make to better our food future. From the compost to the plate, take part in gastronomic experiments and discover the pleasure of food in all its glory. When: On now until 20th October. Where: Victoria and Albert Museum, London.
- Rockett St George Summer Shopping Party
To celebrate the Summer finally making an appearance we have teamed up with creative cocktail brand HolyWater to host a Summer party with the best mixologists in the city! Come and join us for some Summer fun and delicious cocktails, RSG-Style! PLUS enjoy a FREE gift with purchase (T&Cs apply).
When: Thursday, 25th July, 6-8 pm.
The smash hit comedy podcast that has been one of our favourites since it began. Now in its fourth season; creator Jamie Morton reads each chapter of his dad’s attempt at erotic fiction - with hilarious results! If you haven't given podcasts a go yet and love comedy then this is the one to start with and will get you hooked. Listen here.
An alternative method to Netflix & Chill, consume your fiction while you drive, get ready, or commute. That's what we love about podcasts - you can plug in and listen while doing pretty much anything (pretty much...). If you're not familiar with the story, Dirty John takes you on a journey about love, deception, forgiveness, and denial. Listen here.
Because we're nosey. As a start-up business ourselves, this podcast has been super interesting to listen to. Guy Raz interviews business owners to find out more about how they started out their own brands. Big brands have been featured, such as Whole Foods Market, Bobbi Brown, Five Guys and even Instagram! Scroll through the episode list to find something that sparks your interests - Listen here.
The creme de la creme of British festivals. We are on our Glastonbury festival come down today so have created a Best Of Glasto 2019 playlist that will keep those festival memories alive all summer...
- The Man - The Killers
- Doo Wop (That Thing) - Ms. Lauryn Hill
- Happier - Bastille
- Paradise - George Ezra
- Wall of Glass - Liam Gallagher
- No Sleeep (AFSHeeN Remix) - Janet Jackson
- Almost (Sweet Music) - Hozier
- FRIENDS -
- I'm Gonna Bee (500 Miles) - the Proclaimers
- Friday I'm in Love - The Cure
- Play - Years & Years
- The Less I Know The Better - Tame Impala
- What You Know - Two Door Cinema Club
- All My Friends are Falling in Love - The Vaccines
- Hey Boy Hey Girl - The Chemical Brothers
- Bad Guy - Billie Eilish
- Ottolenghi - Loyle Carner
- Boasty (Feat Idris Elba) - Sean Paul
- Praise You - Fatboy Slim
- Celeste - Ezra Vine
- Would You Rather be Lonely? - Red Rum Club
- Faraway Look - Yola