With less than 2 weeks to go until the big day, the pressure is on to make it the best Christmas ever!
No one wants to feel stressed at Christmas and let's face it there is a lot to do! The Rockett St George team have put their heads together to come up with our Top Christmas Survival Tips including plenty of Christmas decorating inspiration, Christmas table ideas and so much more. This is your one-stop festive guide to get you through the season. After all, at this time of year, everybody should enjoy themselves, especially the hosts!
So, let's get down to it! Check out our Top Tips below:
Tip 1. Struggling for ideas with not much time to go? We're here to help.
Still scratching your head not knowing what to buy everyone? Overwhelmed with choice? We have categorised our Gift Guide at Rockett St George to help you choose by personality type so if you are looking for Creative Gifts, Foodie Gifts, Quirky Gifts, Music lover Gifts and more, then head this way.
We also created a Christmas Gift Guide blog post for inspiration and stress-free shopping. And, remember be as personal as possible with your gifts. It goes without saying it's the thought that counts, so don't get overly worried. As A host, you are creating an experience to remember and in itself this is a gift to your guests.
Christmas is a great time to let loose with your creativity and dress your home to impress.
Our Quick Fix Tips
- Go large - use huge paper baubles and stars to decorate, it's quick and looks spectacular.
- Forage - cut branches, ivy, holly and anything else you can find in your garden (or in the park, woodland, side of the street...). Mix it with baubles, and ornaments to create Christmas Style Spots throughout your home. Think mantelpiece, stairs, window frames, doorways etc.
- Candlelight - If you do nothing else this Christmas, remember to buy candles. Scented or not candlelight instantly creates a cosy Christmas Feeling.
- Chairs - Count your guests and then your chairs. Then, make sure that you have one or two extras just in case. If you don't own enough, then ask guests to bring their own. Co-founder, Jane Rockett, likes to hang a bit of foliage and baubles on the back of each chair with a name tag.
Keep a cohesive look throughout your home with the same decorations carrying from room to room, and don't forget to inject your personality in your decorating, and do Christmas YOUR WAY.
Everyone loves a Party, So Create Your Christmas Themed Bar.
It's the main event and you want it to be show-stopping so make the most of the one day a year and have a party. Ok, so you need a moment to recover from lunch but then it is party time!
- Construct a fun Christmas themed bar area and offer fabulous cocktails (and mocktails). If you need help try our Gin Made Me Do It Cocktail Book. Oh and use cocktail sparklers, everyone loves a sparkler.
- Play Games - forget the TV, there is always catch up for the good stuff. Playing games is the best way to have fun at Christmas and we don't mean Trivial Pursuit, we have an array of great party games available that guarantee to make you laugh until your face hurts (we love that feeling).
- Create a playlist - ask all your guest to suggest a couple of their favourite party tunes before the day. You can then create a crowd-pleasing playlist that keeps everyone happy.
- Invest in a Disco Ball - an instant disco can be created with a disco ball and one spotlight, you'll have everyone on the dance floor.
At RSG we believe during Christmas the drinks cabinet should be fully stocked, not only for your invited guests but those that turn up unexpectedly. Have yours displayed on a drinks trolley for full-on glam and easy access for all! Go with the flow, and by creating a welcoming space where your guests can feel at home and relax, you will too.
If you are looking to try something different this year explore quirky table design ideas, here are our quick and easy tips:
- Use decorations on your Christmas place settings and try wrapping your cutlery with Christmas Ribbon.
- Layer plates to add a sense of style. Use our decorative gold chargers to add a golden glow to the proceedings.
- Top your plate display with a cracker or party popper....or both!
- Candles, candles, candles - you can simply never have enough candles at Christmas.
- Hang decorations and foliage above the table as space will be scarce when the food comes out.
Christmas should be anything but bland so get creative and style it up to the max.
For more inspiration see our CREATE THE BEST CHRISTMAS TABLE SETTING, EVER! blog post.
If you really want to impress your guest, then use these quick Christmas ideas to spruce up your guest room:
- Ensure that the bedding is fresh and cosy. We suggest adding blankets and spraying with a Christmas room scent or even light a scented candle.
- Hang stockings at the end of the bed with inexpensive gifts such as miniature essentials available at Chemists, bags of nuts and maybe a satsuma or two (very traditional).
- Create a Christmas display on any available surface or the bed head. Just a few branches and baubles will make all the difference and add some Christmas lights for maximum effect.
- When you are up at the crack of dawn preparing the food, play some Christmas tunes to get everyone in the mood. Check out our December Hot List for the roundup of our favourite Christmas songs!