As the weather gets colder and the days darker it's only natural to want to hibernate for the whole of the winter!
Whilst we love cosy evenings in at Rockett St George, November has so many exciting and unmissable events that you simply cannot miss! From the best bacon sarnies out there, the Carnaby Christmas shopping party, Lewes bonfire celebrations and our top 10 party tips to host the ultimate Christmas party there's so much to do. Even better, this month you have the chance to WIN dinner for 4 at The Ivy Montpellier Brassiere. The competition is a result of our collaboration with the fabulous Dee Campling who will be hosting a pop-up shop as part of the Big Blooming Christmas market in Montpellier from Saturday 2nd-10th December 2017. So with so much to see and do hibernation will just have to wait!!!
Have a wonderful month!
Jane, Lucy and the RSG Team x
This month we've teamed up with The Ivy Brasserie at their brand new opening in Cheltenham - The Ivy Montpellier Brasserie - to give you the exclusive chance to win a meal for 4! The perfect pre-Christmas Treat, you will be treated to a glass of champagne or cocktail upon arrival, a delectable three-course meal, along with two bottles of restaurant choice wine and tea and coffee to finish!
Opening it's newest restaurant this December 2017, the renowned Ivy Collection’s will be taking it's first foray into Gloucestershire, with the opening of The Ivy Montpellier Brasserie; a sophisticated all-day dining destination in the heart of Cheltenham’s boutique Montpellier district, offering an ideal rest-stop for shoppers, locals and visitors alike.
Transforming the iconic Grade I listed Rotunda building, a former 19th Century banking hall, The Ivy Montpellier Brasserie will offer a friendly, relaxed atmosphere for diners with an extensive all-day menu of breakfast, elevenses, lunch, afternoon tea, cocktails, weekend brunch and dinner. Open 7 days a week, the new restaurant will be ideal for those enjoying the many boutiques of Montpellier and Cheltenham’s bustling Promenade, and will be located directly opposite the spa town’s beautiful Montpellier Gardens which plays host to multiple festivals throughout the year.
With eye-catching interiors courtesy of the internationally-acclaimed Martin Brudnizki Design Studio, The Ivy Montpellier Brasserie will make the most of the historic building it will occupy, with a spacious, accessible open-plan dining and bar area centred around the Rotunda’s famous domed ceiling. Refined interiors will expertly complement Cheltenham’s Regency architecture, with muted country-green hues offering an elegant backdrop to antique bronze mirrors, burnt orange leather banquettes, pendant lighting and sleek marble floors.
To be in for the chance to WIN dinner for 4 at The Ivy Montpellier Brasserie, Cheltenham simply click the link above and answer one simple question!*
One of Lucy St George's favourite things to do on the weekend is to visit boot sales and flea markets with her family. A common feature of this family tradition is a strong cup of tea accompanied by a delicious bacon sarnie! The ultimate comfort food, this got us thinking about our favourite tried and tested bacon sandwiches out there. So to celebrate our bacon sarnie obsession we have come up with our list of the Top 5 Bacon Sandwiches around...
Serving up a bacon butty with a whole lot of swagger, Le Swine, have boldly coined their sandwich as 'the best bacon buttie in town'. Let us tell you first, their bacon sarnies are totally bad ass and have completely raised the bar in the bacon sandwich game! With each sandwich component, handmade special mention must go to their mushroom ketchup and toasted milk and onion bap. Serving London, in a retro white ambulance you'll find the ambulance parked up in various locations each week!
Where? Spitalfields E1,London ( Thursday 7am – 11am) / Broadgate circle, London (Friday 7am – 10am) / Broadway Market London (Saturday 9am – 5pm).
A HEAVENLY bacon sarnie that stands apart from all the rest, Coal Room have created a goodie! Based in Peckham Rye train station ticket office, this bacon butty is a no-nonsense winner. Cut to order, customers can personalise their bacon to the way they like it all served up in a delicious bap... done deal!
Where? 11a Station Way, Peckham Rye Station, London, SE15 4RX
Serving up a #BOSS bacon sarnie, Hawksmoor Guildhall has mastered breakfast. With a generous serving of bacon served up between two chunks of bread and your favourite sauces, this is the ideal hangover cure... trust us we've tried and tested this. Even better, we say skip the coffee and get right to the business by testing their awesome drinks menu!
Where? Hawksmoor Guildhall, 10 Basinghall Street, EC2V 5BQ
Hit me up with a B.A.M BLT! Pig out on their kebab bacon sarnies made from made-to-order flatbread, slathered with butter with grilled bacon, tomatoes, lettuce and red onion. An insanely good combination, Black Axe Mangal proudly boast that this sandwich is 80% fat. Not for the dieters, go on... indulge yourself!
Where? 156 CANONBURY ROAD, LONDON, N1 2UP
Bacon Naan anyone?! YES f**king please! Combining one of our favourite places to eat, along with a delicious bacon sarnie Dishoom's bacon naan deserves the honourable mention! Serving bacon direct from the char-grill in a freshly baked naan this genius combo is topped up with chilli-tomato jam, cream cheese and herbs. What's more, Dishoom are now offering a limited time only Ginger Pig Bacon Sarnie, for all you hardcore bacon lovers out there.
Where? Edinburgh / Shoreditch / Kings Cross / Carnaby / Kensignton / Covent Garden.
Remember, remember the fifth of November...
Boasting the biggest 5th of November bonfire display in the WORLD, you've got to check out Lewes Bonfire Night Celebrations at least once in your lifetime! A night of effigies, theatrical displays, an epic parade and fireworks, of course, Lewes is renowned for pulling out all the stocks to bring you an exciting evening of bonfire celebrations.
The perfect winter treat, we highly recommend arriving early (trust us, the event is very popular with road closures beginning as early as 2pm and the processions starting as early as 5pm) but oh is it worth it! Whilst the display from the curb is free, you'll need a ticket to one of the numerous bonfire displays. If you are not keen on large crowds or if you have little ones with you we recommend checking out the South Street Bonfire Society and the Waterloo Bonfire Society, both of which are easy to get to from within the town. If you're up for a crazy one and really want to be apart of the celebrations then Lewes Cliffee Bridge or near the Lewes War Memorial, Lewes Town Hall (Star Inn) or the Lewes Crown Courts (County Hall) is your best bet.
On from 5pm on Saturday 4th of November, get out there, have fun and be safe! Also, if you haven't seen it already make sure you check out Gunpowder a new 3-part drama on BBC 1 all about Guy Fawkes and the events leading up to the 5th of November.
Not in Lewes? Here are a number of other displays to check out near you: Kingston Fireworks, Alexandra Palace Fireworks Festival, Lindfield Bonfire and Fireworks Display, Roundhay Park - Leeds, River of Light Fireworks - Liverpool, Downend Round Table Fireworks - Bristol, Wimbledon Park, Meadowbank Fireworks - Edinburgh.
With Christmas a mere seven weeks away, there is so much to do and so much fun to be had before the festive celebrations! So Carnaby Christmas Shopping Party is the perfect way to get yourself excited for the festivities as well as starting to get some Christmas shopping out of the way!
The Christmas Shopping Party will be held on Thursday the 9th of November from 5pm - 9pm and will be an evening of discounts, live music, in-store activities and to top it off the Christmas lights will be switched on! With so much going on, you'll be treated to an array of Christmas merrymakings with top highlights including exclusive cocktails available at SACRED Cafe (any excuse to get boozy we say), get a snap of you and your friends at Pixi's Gif booth for free and DJ Norman Jay MBE tunes during the Christmas light switch on - expect to see a lot of dancing and dam-good fun!
Tickets are free, but you'll need to register for the event to take advantage of all the discounts and frivolities. Have fun!
We may never have dreamed about having dinner in an igloo, but now we know there's an option to we just can't stop thinking about it!
A Christmas special hosted by the brilliant Coppa Club, the restaurant is all about fuss-free European food in a relaxed atmosphere. With the igloos looking out at the beautiful scenes of London enjoy the company of your friends, foods and booze ... the ultimate dinner party special. Granted, having a meal in an igloo is pretty special in itself, but we think that this would be a particularly great idea for dinner when the city is dark and glittering and you can get cosy by candlelight.
Serving everything from breakfast, brunch, small plates and dinner. Top recommendations include Crab Linguine, Parsnip, Kale & Tomato Pastilla, Sticky Chorizo Sausages (the dream) and the warm Pecan Pie for Pudding! Wash it all down with their signature, albeit slightly lethal cocktails such as the Stroppy Cow (Black Cow vodka, Kahlua, caramel syrup, sea salt & cream) or the Pear & Ginger Spritz (pear liqueur, Belsazar white vermouth, apple juice, ginger & Prosecco)... an evening well spent!
Coppa Club, 3 Three Quays Walk, Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6AH
Psst ... From the 30th of November, there will be 10 igloos popping up at Brighton Beach for you to wine and dine in ... the perfect seasonal treat!
We first heard about The Holiday House from luxury design and interior design blogger Grant Pierrus of the Interior Style Hunter (check out his #10MinsWith interview here). Grant has teamed up with The Holiday House founder Iris Dankner who started the project in 2008. A designer showhome, top interior designers including Turner Pocock, Nicky Haslam and Nina Campbell have each been invited to style a room in two mansions to raise money for the Breast Cancer Research Foundation® (BCRF).
The Holiday House New York, as featured in the Architectural Digest.
A concept that started in the US and will now be brought to the UK, The Holiday House will open up for one month only from the 9th of November to the 10th of December 17, with tickets available to purchase here. With two decadent mansions for you to tour, get your design fix as you tour one more contemporary-style mansion and one more traditional style mansion. In order to ensure continuity, the interior designers have been briefed on the colour palette as well as a few other guidelines and have each been allocated a room to design. Aside from the few guidelines given the interior designers have been given the space to design, create and inject their own unique stamp into the interiors. It really is a unique opportunity to see excellent interiors, styled by designers at the top of their game and is guaranteed to leave you feeling inspired.
59 & 61 Hamilton Terrace, London NW8 9RG
Exciting announcement! Our Christmas catalogues will be dropping on doorsteps from the 7th of November ... Yipee! So throughout the month of November and December, we will be bringing you a number of Christmas blogs with plenty of DIY tips to make this Christmas the best one yet! So to kick things off we have listed our TOP 10 TIPS to host the ultimate Christmas bash!
- Get boozy. Obviously, a party is not a party without a little bubbly! As Pinterest-obsessives we've been looking up our favourite Christmas Cocktails and this recipe for a Blackberry Ombre Sparkler is the ideal Christmas bevvy!
- Food, food and more food. We're all foodies here at Rockett St George and party food is right up our street! To make it easier for yourself, pre-prepare large platters of canapes and create a buffet style table. That way guests can please themselves and you can have more FUN. Psst ... check out this recipe for Bacon Halloumi Bites ... guaranteed to be a winner!
- Get yourself the mother of all drinks trolleys! We love a style-spot and it really is the ultimate way to draw the eye. We suggest dotting tables and drinks trolleys around the party for guests to their drinks up and hang out by. The trick to creating a style spot is to consider the zone you are styling - forget the rest of the room and just focus on that spot.
- Don't forget the decor. We love maximalism at RSG and so the more decorations the better. To get it right, ensure that you have a colour scheme and remember odd numbers are always the most aesthetically pleasing. We have a number of dazzling Pinwheel decorations this year that are affordable, easy and spectacular decorations that you can adorn your walls and ceilings with.
- Christmas smells! Christmas scents can really set the scene so fill decorative bowls with pinecones and burn candles for a cosy feel. You can even go all out and create your own scents - check out this DIY article by Country Living for inspo.
- Black Christmas. As fans of the dark side, we are, of course, obsessed with all things dark and moody even at the most sparkly time of year. If you want to create a cosy atmosphere, consider opting for a black backdrop and then accessorise with twinkling fairy lights, green ivy and gold tableware. Even better, see if you can source a black Christmas tree it looks UNREAL and is totally unique.
- Party Games. No one likes a stiff-Christmas party with zero atmosphere ... f**k no! Christmas Parties should be fun, so if you are mixing friend groups or you are looking for some light-hearted ice-breakers consider dotting party games around the room/venue. Our top favourites are Cards Against Humanity, The Confessions Game, If You Had To... Card Game and Drunk, Stoned Or Stupid.
- Selfie Spot. Everyone loves a good selfie and some of the best parties that we have attended always involve a Selfie Spot! In fact, Lucy St George, hosted a Christmas in July party last year and she created a selfie spot with fun Christmas props and moustaches and hats for guests to dress up and pose in!
- Goodie Bags aren't just for kids! Not only is this a fun way to treat your guests, but it can also be a nice reminder of all the fun you had. We think a quirky Christmas decoration is a great way to remember the party and it will sit on your guest's trees for years to come.
- Don't forget the music!! We've curated a playlist of some of our favourite Christmas music so that you can party the night away! Check it out on the Rockett St George Spotify!
This month all our male colleagues at Rockett St George will be taking part in Movember! Tackling the biggest issues facing men today including mental health, testicular cancer, prostate cancer and suicide prevention, the charities goal is to reduce the number of men dying prematurely by 25% by 2030.
So to support this wonderful charity, the guys will be shaving off their moustaches for the 1st of November for a clean-shaven fresh start! Throughout the month they are going to be growing their moustaches and we will document the process on our rockettstgeorge.co.uk instagram stories! Show your support and either grow a moustache yourself or you can donate to the cause on the official Movember website here.
Go on... grow a mo and save a bro!