With Christmas just around the corner, we are here to help with 3 (very) easy Christmas gift wrapping ideas that will dazzle and wow your family and friends.
Gone are the days of those shameful shaggy-looking gifts under the tree. Full of creative DIY tips and tricks; Pinterest has exposed us all and forced us into upping our gift-wrapping game! To save you the time and stress of poring over millions of ideas online, we've curated a simple formula which you can keep and use again and again.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
GIFT WRAPPING - THE BASICS
- Place your gift in the middle of your gift wrap. Top Tip: If your gift is an odd shape - try to find a box for it to go in. Straight edges will save you time and stress!
- Fold one side across your gift and fold the other open edge inwards before closing, to give a nice neat edge.
- Fold the ends of your wrap inwards into a triangle shape and fold the pointed end back in towards the edge of your gift.
- Then pull your flattened point back across and tape into place. Repeat on the other side... Et Voila! You're ready to add some sparkle!
GIFT WRAPPING IDEA NO.1. ADD SOME SPARKLE
- Using enough twine to go around your gift, tie on one of your fabulous decorations and secure at the back.
- Next, add two more decorations that fit with your theme. We love to be imaginative and opt for quirky and cool Christmas decorations.
- The bolder you can be the more likely you will be to wow your friends and family on Christmas day.
RSG Top Tip: Always use odd numbers - Three items look tres chic!
GIFT WRAPPING IDEA NO.2. GO TRADITIONAL WITH MISTLETOE
For something a little different surprise your loved ones with a little Christmas foliage! Simply secure mistletoe or a festive plant down with twine and ribbon. It's a fantastic festive idea that will make your Christmas presents totally Instagram-able!
RSG Top Tip: Faux Mistletoe works best, especially if you are super organised and wrap your presents before Christmas Eve!
GIFT WRAPPING IDEA NO.3. IF SIMPLICITY IS YOUR THING...
- Remember, three is the magic number so tie on three mini baubles or mini decorations onto twine.
- Wrap your twine or ribbon around your gift three times.
- Add your gift tag and you're done!
Psst... If you've got a particularly tricky gift that is hard to wrap or if you're simply just strapped for time then you've just got to fake it, baby! We have some lovely gift boxes that have just gone in the RSG Christmas Sale. Click here to shop.
Watch the Gift Wrapping Tutorial on YouTube here...