Careers at Rockett St George
To lead daily / weekly all areas of the delivery of the Distribution Centres operation, to ensure product intake and dispatch runs smoothly meeting cost, service and speed requirements. A broad role with specific responsibility for monitoring and analysing current operations within the Dispatch Department whilst researching new technology and methods that will drive further efficiencies.
Managing staff scheduling and assignment of workloads, responsible for the determining of staffing requirements. Training and supervising new and existing employees, tracking and measuring staff performance.
Liaison with Customer Services, Good In and Merchandising Department to pro-actively inform / communicate and present findings to.
- Daily Operations
- Leadership of all areas of Distribution Operations.
- Management of order filtering/printing and introduction in the dispatch path
- Management of drop ship ordering and pending items.
- Manage warehouse daily dispatch direct to customers and to retail concessions.
- Manage Picking, Checking, Packing & Dispatch Team Leaders.
- Manage and lead proactively Standards, H&S and compliance throughout the Dispatch Department and Warehouse environments.
- Maintaining Health & Safety standards.
- Manage quality assurance for all goods heading to the customer and stores
- Aid in the reviewing of budgets, tracking and managing controllable and flexible costs
- Manage all Health & Safety, Risk Assessments and other duties and Standards
- Develop appropriate Shift patterns to meet commercial needs
- Manage Health and safety in legislative requirements.
- Demonstrate and lead positively the culture and the development of positive ways of working.
- Management of packaging stock ensuring that packing is both cost effective and good for use.
Dispatch Team Management
- Responsible for the recruitment, management and appraisal of the entire dispatch team including team leaders.
- Responsible for efficient running of staff including time keeping, holiday, sickness and other HR duties.
Planning, Reporting & Analysis
- Develop and deliver daily, weekly, month reporting in key areas of service, costs and channel priorities
- Engage with commercial (merchandise, planning to deliver daily solutions for operational planning purposes
- Develop and engage on the Monthly and quarterly analysis with senior management
The candidate must have:
- Thorough knowledge of logistics warehouse operations
- Thorough knowledge of labour management and productivity management
- Thorough knowledge of health and Safety and legislative MHE requirements
- Experience level/Qualification level
- In depth knowledge and experience of leading daily operations in a retail environment
- In depth knowledge of inventory and stock management warehouse techniques
- Labour management experience
- Delivering service and financial efficiency on shifts across warehouse functions
- Experience in Brightpearl systems would be useful
- Determination and drive for results
- Highly organised and able to work within a team
- Diligent and conscientious
- Committed to constant improvement